Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the finance department have approved my new car :

Passat B8 Estate R-Line 2.0 SCR 190 indiumm grey

Any idea on current lead times ? and have i made a big mistake not upgrading to the 19" wheels ?

I am also a little concerned about the SCR system - will i need to carry around a drum of AdBlue ?

Have to say I am very excited, I have done 123000 miles in my B7 and it still drives well but i am looking forward to the extra few HP that my 2.0l sport really needed

Lets hope it is more reliable than my B6 which had the dreaded fuel injector issues
    Last edited by NevGo; 28-06-2015 at 10:58 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update today - due for delivery mid Nov so 4 1/2 months

0 0 0

3. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there I'm currently waiting for my Estate GT SCR190 in the same colour - mine's due for delivery early September, my local dealer said its 14/15 weeks for a GT, I'd expect its a bit longer for the R Line which looks likely from your delivery date.

I had the same concerns about the Adblue, as I cover nearly 30000 miles a year, I've been told the tank is about 10 litres and I think the blurb says it uses around a litre per 600 miles, but how much it uses depends how you drive (was what I was quoted)

Did you go for the manual or DSG?

0 0 0

4. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NevGo View Post
    Any idea on current lead times ? and have i made a big mistake not upgrading to the 19" wheels ?

I am also a little concerned about the SCR system - will i need to carry around a drum of AdBlue ?
    I would say that the 18" are better than the 19" for ride quality and noise. You won't be disappointed!

As far as AdBlue is concerned, don't worry. The central display will give you adequate warning of when it needs topping up and as it recommends a minimum of 4litres at a time you won't want to be holding that amount in the boot just in case. Most petrol stations carry 5litre cans of it these days, so just think of it as having to top up the engine oil every 10-12k.

I did have a thought though. Adblue is apparently made from urea, so if you're really pushed have a big drink and wait a few hours. You should be able to contribute 1 litre or so. The trick will be getting it into the filler nozzle!

0 3 0

5. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went for manual - I had to push the limits of the company car allowance to get the R-Line in 190 PS so it really came down to a choice between 150PS DSG or 190PS manual - I have loved my current B7 Sport but always wanted a little bit more power so choice was easy.

0 0 0

6. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzer62 View Post
    I would say that the 18" are better than the 19" for ride quality and noise. You won't be disappointed!

As far as AdBlue is concerned, don't worry. The central display will give you adequate warning of when it needs topping up and as it recommends a minimum of 4litres at a time you won't want to be holding that amount in the boot just in case. Most petrol stations carry 5litre cans of it these days, so just think of it as having to top up the engine oil every 10-12k.

I did have a thought though. Adblue is apparently made from urea, so if you're really pushed have a big drink and wait a few hours. You should be able to contribute 1 litre or so. The trick will be getting it into the filler nozzle!
    1 litre? OMG with that amount in my bladder I think I would be able to hit anything up to 10 yards away with supreme accuracy

0 0 0

7. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1 litre? OMG with that amount in my bladder I think I would be able to hit anything up to 10 yards away with supreme accuracy
    My A6 150 Tdi went through 17 litres of Adblue in 5,500 mile.

0 0 0

8. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chunky - out of interest did you get it topped up by the dealer and if so what did they charge for this ?

At that rate of consumption I would be using close to 100l per year

0 0 0

9. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chunky - out of interest did you get it topped up by the dealer and if so what did they charge for this ?

At that rate of consumption I would be using close to 100l per year
    The dealer did it for free. But the 17 litres cost €33.

0 0 0

10. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the quick reply - looks like I will be a regular visitor to my local dealer for Adblue refills but at least it isn't sooooo expensive. I have read that people were charged £100 by main dealers for a fill up.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast