1. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ha, NevGo I waited for just around 6 months. The car is worth it. On the other hand, if I were you in the current case, I would also consider a new A4, B9 my only complaint about the new Passat are that it is not an audi... The ride is just different. audi is just premium brand. If I knew i would have to wait for 6 months, i would have ordered an Audi. but don't get me wrond, the Passat B8 is Great. Especially with the 240 Hp version.

0 0 0

2. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macker6464 View Post
    Didn't you order it in June NevGo? That will be 8 months! I was contemplating ditching my 100K B6 for a shiny B8. With all the recent furore of the "Defeat" device I was holding off - not that I had time to get round to ordering one!

I had in my mind if I ordered it soon it might be here for Christmas... I guess not...
    Mine was ordered end of June with delivery scheduled mid Nov - now revised to Feb 16 so yes will be around 8 months

My worry is that as our fleet vehicles are ordered through a lease company they are holding the order back due to concerns over residual values - just a guess but wouldnt surprise me.

I think with a little pressure i may be able to change to a 3 series touring 320d Msport available within about 12 weeks.

Will find out on Monday - there has been talk that they could send my current vehicle back anyway and hire me something until the new one arrives

0 0 0

3. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    **** UPDATE ****

After a lot of chasing with both the dealer and VW UK My car finally shows on the order tracker as build week confirmed for W/c 8th Feb 2016.

I am told that it is likely to be 4 - 6 weeks from build week to delivery so it looks like 9 months from order to delivery !!

I really hope it is worth the wait

0 1 0

4. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NevGo View Post
    **** UPDATE ****

so it looks like 9 months from order to delivery !!
    I was going to replace my trusty 108K (just run in I hear you say) VW estate with a new one a while back but been too busy.

9 months!! Is this typical from ordering to getting?

I would be ordering a VW Passat Estate Manual SE Business 2.0 TDI with a few extras. Is there some element that delays the build or should I give up and buy one second hand?? Surely it can't take that long...or can it??
    Passat Estate R-Line 2.0 TDI BMT 150PS 6-speed Manual 5 Door
    09 Golf 1.6S (the wife's!)
    (Previously 07 Passat Estate 2.0 TDI 140 Sport)

0 0 0

5. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have some SE Business on the fleet and they have been arriving in about 3-4 months so I would check with the dealer first.

The dealer handling my vehicle tells me that the long lead times only seem to be on GT and R-Line models - Just unlucky I guess

I really don't understand the problem with my vehicle and nobody seems to be able to explain - 2 dealers told me it was due to a problem with alloy wheel supplies but VW UK have denied this and claim it is due to massive demand.

I have to admit that had I have been told at the time of ordering that it would take 9 moths to deliver I would probably ordered something else.

I have been stuck with a Merc C class estate for months now and I dislike everything about it, cant wait for the Passat to finally arrive.

1 1 0

6. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ordered my GT Estate on the 10th Nov 2015 and it's now built at the docks waiting for the ferry over to Blighty. Looking at first week of March for collection, so potentially 4 months or just under from placing the order with my local dealer to (hopefully) collecting.

0 0 0

7. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like luck of the draw then - and I lost out big time

Oh well at least I get 65 plate

0 0 0

8. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered my 190SCR R Line in August 15 and was told that delivery time for GT and R Line models was 6 months. I'm being quoted an anticipated delivery date of 7 March...

0 0 0

9. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    R-Line.jpg

After 8 1/2 Months it finally arrived today

0 1 0

10. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looks great! I got notification that mine was delivered to the dealers yesterday, having ordered on 19 Jan so I guess you were very unlucky! Ah well - all worth it in the end
    Now: 2016 Passat SE Business Estate | V&C Pack | AID | DLA | TPMS
    Old: 2012 A4 Avant SE Technik | TDIe | Tech Pack High | Foldy Mirrors | TPMS | Heated Seats | Auto Hold

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast