1. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar choice, or a 150 manual with a few more toys, if the DSG was the 7 speed I might have gone for it, as its meant to be smoother especially on down-changes, but I prefer a manual for driving (after been snarled up in traffic jams for another 12 months that might change), but I'm hoping the 7 speed will be on it at facelift stage which should be when my next car is due in about 3 years time. I'm just hoping the 190 offers noticeable better performance. The full figures for the manual still don't seem available on the site, though I've read tests saying 0-60 is a second quick, though that's less important than in gear flexibility and 30-70mph which I'm expecting will be better with the increase in torque

I'm also preparing myself for a few fill ups of Adblue!

If anyone has a 190 manual can they tell me what revs it does at 70mph in 6th? Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are the gear ratios different on the 190 to the 150 ? - I really will have to stop looking at this forum, it is just filling my mind with all kinds of other worries

0 0 0

3. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawshy View Post
    I had a similar choice, or a 150 manual with a few more toys, if the DSG was the 7 speed I might have gone for it, as its meant to be smoother especially on down-changes, but I prefer a manual for driving (after been snarled up in traffic jams for another 12 months that might change), but I'm hoping the 7 speed will be on it at facelift stage which should be when my next car is due in about 3 years time. I'm just hoping the 190 offers noticeable better performance. The full figures for the manual still don't seem available on the site, though I've read tests saying 0-60 is a second quick, though that's less important than in gear flexibility and 30-70mph which I'm expecting will be better with the increase in torque

I'm also preparing myself for a few fill ups of Adblue!

If anyone has a 190 manual can they tell me what revs it does at 70mph in 6th? Thanks!
    On the subject of the 7-speed gearbox. In the 240PS, it's quite clunky changing down from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd, but okay between all other gears. I don't remember my B6 DSG being quite that clunky. The only option I guess is to set the driving mode to Eco and let the car coast to a halt, but I don't like that feeling. I'd prefer engine braking and this entails it shuffling down the gears.

I'll reserve proper judgement when the engine has bedded in after a few thousand miles.

0 0 0

4. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi lozzer, i just took delivery of my 2.0 BiTDI estate and I like it so far. One qustion. Is you engine noisy? Above 2k rpm i hear qite clearly the motor. I compare it to my previous car , audi a4 b8, 2.0 tdi 143BHP.

0 0 0

5. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfact View Post
    Hi lozzer, i just took delivery of my 2.0 BiTDI estate and I like it so far. One qustion. Is you engine noisy? Above 2k rpm i hear qite clearly the motor. I compare it to my previous car , audi a4 b8, 2.0 tdi 143BHP.
    Hi, yes I would say that it sounds a bit louder than somethink like a 1.6l diesel Golf, but I put that down to the type of engine and the fact that the turbo is crammed in between the engine and the bulkhead. They've even had to move the battery into the boot and relocated the washer fluid reservoir to make it fit.
    Hopefully it'll settle down after it's run in.

Mind you, mine is pretty quiet now. I took it into the dealer after the adaptive cruise control error light kept coming on. They have identified a software fault and are waiting for an update from Germany. They have refused to let me have it back until it's fixed.

I'm driving a Golf.

0 0 0

6. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzer62 View Post
    Hi, yes I would say that it sounds a bit louder than somethink like a 1.6l diesel Golf, but I put that down to the type of engine and the fact that the turbo is crammed in between the engine and the bulkhead. They've even had to move the battery into the boot and relocated the washer fluid reservoir to make it fit.
    Hopefully it'll settle down after it's run in.

Mind you, mine is pretty quiet now. I took it into the dealer after the adaptive cruise control error light kept coming on. They have identified a software fault and are waiting for an update from Germany. They have refused to let me have it back until it's fixed.

I'm driving a Golf.
    Golf, nice

today i passed the 1000km mark and pushed the car harder. Settings: suspension:sport, steering:sport all the rest into normal. Perfect fit.
    I also learned to drive in ECO mode.

If i just let the gas pedal without any force, the car switches to neutral ( coasting it says) if you want to use the motor as a brake while deselerating, then just touch the brake for a moment and the gear box engages itself to slow down the car.

i am beginning to like the big golf

0 0 0

7. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been told I'll be taking delivery of mine (not the Bi-Turbo, but the 190SCR) on the 1st September, so it will be on a 65 plate

How you guys getting on with your Adblue? Are you noticing it using more if your heavy with your right foot?

0 0 0

8. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi All

I took delivery of a new B8 Estate Highline Business Plus SE in Ireland. Dary grey. Coffee brown full leather. I just dispensed with a nicely specced B7 Estate (2012).

I got the 17 inch wheels. No 18/19 for me and I am thankful I did.

Query folks- my tyres are 215. On the last model they were 235/17.

That brings me to my thoughts on the car. On the 17inchers, I am finding it far more severe than my B7. Far more. It hopes and skips more. On a motorway it is similar but over sharp interruptions it does not have the composure that my B7 estate had. On the other hand it is genuinely a different car in corners. But I have been looking at road tests and even those on 18 inch tyres have testers commenting that the ride is extremely quiet and absorbent. This is not my experience to date.

I live in Wicklow in Ireland and while my friends on the mainland complain about their roads, they are infinetely superior to ours in Ireland.

Any agreement?

I am just finding the ride not sufficiently damped. A middle class concern if ever there was one I know. I am also finding that engineering some weight out out has left it feeling a little short in places. For example, my wife has a 10 B7 Passat saloon. The electric windows have a beautifully damped action when they go up and meet the top of the door; in the new B8 it is not so. More like an asian car. Cheap and hollow sounding at the connection point. Again, taking the weight out clearly has benefits in corners but has anyone had these concerns or am I making the perfect the enemy of the good and these are picayune concerns that are best ignored.

Again while the interior is leagues ahead in terms of soft touch points, I am missing a "big car" feel. It feels like a golf in terms of rolling refinement which whilst no surprise is not something the last models ever did in my view.

While I see progress on many fronts, I cannot but think this isnt the march forward that has been touted. And as I said before, the ride to my mind isnt good enough. Would switching to 235 tyres as my B7 had make things better in terms of ride (but detract from the handling).

And my final point- commentators still say it is "safe" in terms of handling. I find it far better than "safe". I would say genuinely agile in tight bends (of which there are many in my vicinity). Something that has been ignored in my view by the motoring press.

Sorry for the long post but Im struggling to really connect with this as I did with my B7 which had far inferior handling but a big car and cosseting feel

0 0 0

9. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just been informed that my delivery date has been put back from mid Nov to some time in Feb - not happy at all and considering cancelling

Anyone else having trouble ?

0 0 0

10. Re: Ordered My New Passat B8 Estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't you order it in June NevGo? That will be 8 months! I was contemplating ditching my 100K B6 for a shiny B8. With all the recent furore of the "Defeat" device I was holding off - not that I had time to get round to ordering one!

I had in my mind if I ordered it soon it might be here for Christmas... I guess not...
    Passat Estate R-Line 2.0 TDI BMT 150PS 6-speed Manual 5 Door
    09 Golf 1.6S (the wife's!)
    (Previously 07 Passat Estate 2.0 TDI 140 Sport)

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast