Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya,

I have a A4 convertible and the drivers side window has started acting strange - when the door opens the window drops down (as it should with it being a soft top) but when the door is shut the window either doesn't move or it drops even further. I then need to use the switch to roll it up and even then it needs two or three attempts. I have tried opening and closing the roof to see if this has any effect but nope ! The window has been looked at by a garage and they said they couldn't find anything- I took it to have the diagnostics run and they said the motor needs adjusting ??? I'm no car wiz but I didn't think I could adjust a motor ?? I was advised to put silicon spray down the runners as the window was sticking but that hasn't fixed it either. They also told me it was the main switch on the drivers side - that has been changed and still nothing. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it..... plus it would save me climbing over the passenger side to get in and out the car Thank you in advance ....

0 0 0

2. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Check the loom between the door and the A pillar for broken /frayed wires.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 1 0

3. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok great stuff ..... and if they are not broken or frayed any ideas ?

0 0 0

4. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Are you experiencing any other issues related to that door, ie/window/locking/speaker/alarm/central locking, if so you can safely say, as suggested above, that there will be broken wires inside the rubber "flexi pouch", between the door and A pillar.

If all wiring is good you may want to get the regulator looked at, check for damage to the cable or rust or fraying,then maybe the motor itself could be on its way out.
    Check the loom first in the a pillar joint before you get too involved with the other stuff I suggested
    A6 2.4 SE (2000)S3 1.8T (2001)80 Coupe 2.3 (1991)
    A3 1.8T sport (1997)A4 3.0 QST (2002)
    80 Coupe 2.6S (1995)A4 Cab 2.4 sport (2002) Another 2.6 '95 coupe in byzanz purple
    '88 type 89 90 saloon kv 5 pot A4 1.8T 2001

0 0 0

5. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi fourringsus thanks for getting back to me - no there are no other issues at all with the door ....I have now booked it in for the wiring to be looked at - I assume it's going to be that as when I spoke to the mechanic that's also the first thing he suggested checking ( not like the other garages who gave me totally different answers ) thank you for replying to Me and I shall keep you updated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Good luck fella, I have had the issue of busted loom 3 or 4 times and just kept repairing it but currently it has gone again and I have to lock the door with key, so I think this time I will just buy a new loom and be done with it

Stuart
    80 Coupe 2.6S (1995)A4 Cab 2.4 sport (2002) Another 2.6 '95 coupe in byzanz purple

0 0 0

7. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Stuart - the wiring has frayed so that's getting sorted asap .... thanks for all the feedback and just to correct you .. I'm not a fella .. petrol head and girl racer yes - fella no lol

0 0 0

8. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Fantastic that you found the fault.
    I now see, and am guessing from your user name, that you might be a Stacey?,,,,,,,,,,anyway my apologies and in a totally uncondescending fashion let me say good luck luvvey,

0 0 0

9. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha that is correct Stuart that is my name a re-work of my private plate as that username had already been taken to log into here .... and no need to apologise I don't mind - I have been called a lot worse

0 0 0

10. Re: drivers window not going back up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So checked the loom and had frayed wires - sorted them and even bought a new window switch ....window is still not working so any other ideas would be greatly appreciated other than taking it to an Audi garage who will charge the world And tell me it's something simple -I'd like to start with the cheaper and easier solutions I can maybe do myself?!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast