Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello to all and Hope you are well.

I need some advice/assistance please?

My wife has a VW beetle 2006 TDI model which some idiot decided he/she would force the wing mirror in the opposite direction and subsequently snapped the metal housing inside.
    I have had no luck finding it in the junkyard or on ebay so my only option is to but it new.
    The cheapest price I have found for it is from the US and its an aftermarket part (£80 including shipping as opposed to £140- 180 UK). The part numbers are very similar but I am worried that the fit might be slightly off for some reason, even though the look exactly alike from what I can see.
    So my question is, does anyone know if the car is the exact same regardless of whether it is purchased in the US or UK?
    The company selling the part (TYC) is unable to confirm whether it will be an exact fit but they seem to think there wont be any issues.
    I just want to be 100% sure because If i purchase it, then there's no point sending it back due to the amount of money I would lose in shipping it back and forth.

The Part number from The VW garage is 1c1 857 598 AG GRU
    The part for the US OE model is 1C2 857 508 AB GRU manufactured by TYC

Thank you all in Advance,
    Charles

0 0 0

2. Re: VW BEETLE 2006 right Mirror assembly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Audi A4 2006 Balance Shaft Assembly Torque Values
    By craig2210 in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 09:09 PM
  2. Audi A4 2006 Balance Shaft Assembly Torque Values
    By craig2210 in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 04:48 PM
  3. Windows dont work on my 2006 Beetle cab
    By blueevo9 in forum Beetle 2000-
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-03-2014, 07:52 AM
  4. Please Help Replacing complete door mirror assembly. (2005 S4 saloon.)
    By M3 Compact in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 02:56 PM
  5. Please Help VW Beetle Side Mirror
    By Andrew Sweeney in forum Beetle 2000-
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-04-2009, 09:31 PM