Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi All

I am recent (2weeks) owner of a Golf plus 1.9TDI DSG - 2007 model. I have a few question that you experienced owners maybe able to help with.

I cant get the 2 interior map lights to come on. The rocker switch works the rear interior light but not the 2 round lights at the from and the 2 push in switches seem to do nothing. They dont even come on when the door is opened. What is the correct behaviour of these 2 round lights. I dont have a sunroof so there are no extra controls there either.

The wing mirrors seem to wobble excessively. The housings are fine and stable but the mirrors inside them appear to be loose when driving. Is there a simple fix for them such as chewing gum etc

I find the DSG a bit of a handful. It slows the car unnecessarily abruptly when shifting down, compared to the conventional auto box on my other car (Mistubishi Pajero 2.8TD 1993). There is also some hesitation when pulling away from a standstill. I have read that a software upgrade may fix it. Can the upgrade only be performed at the dealers or can an independent do it also?

All advice very much appreciated.

PajGolf

0 0 0

2. Re: Newbie Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Please dont all SHOUT at once

0 0 0

3. Re: Newbie Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just checked mine 2009 old model (1.9 luny).
    2 front maps come on and rear interior when doors open (when rocker switch is in correct position) also left or right map light comes on when corresponding button/switch is pressed.
    Have the bulbs gone ?.
    Does the auto dipping mirror have power (green light on mirror ,switch on bottom of mirror).Possibly indicating power to the area- strange the rear works though on yours.
    Mine had a roof fixing screw drop onto the elec track above the light which caused the interior lights to flicker whilst driving (the screw was bouncing on the tracks joining the circuit causing the interior light flickering).
    I had to carefully prise out front interior front light unit and grill bits,thus revealing torx screws and elec connections.
    You could check power to these using a volt meter.
    My wing mirror glasses do not wobble,I've had to replace the led indicator repeater in the wing mirror housing,everything went back together solidly.
    Mines a manual on 78k miles i've owned since new,so dsg unknown.
    Cars impressively reliable but clutch take up is horrid and always has been especially reversing up a incline.

0 0 0

4. Re: Newbie Questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi Tom

Thanx for your reply. I hadnt thought about the bulbs. Are they easy to get at? The mirror green light does come on so bulbs are looking very suspicious.

The wing mirror wobble is worse on some days and almost unnoticeable on others. Not sure what makes them worse.

Glad to hear that your car is very reliable. long may it continue.

0 0 0