1. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Presumably one would need some data showing how soon after mis fuelling problems generally appear in order to conclude whether on the balance of probabilities the mis fuelling in your case happened before or after your purchase. At least you are able to give your own evidence that in your hands it has not happened. The dealer would probably struggle to bring any evidence about it, and the period prior to your purchase is much longer.
    A4 B8 143 Tdi S Line Saloon 2008 (Gone)
    Lotus Elan SE 1991
    A4 B8 170 Tdi Quattro Technik Avant 2011
    A4 B8.5 143 Tdi S Line Black Edition Saloon 2013(gone)
    A4 B8.5 Allroad Sport Nav 2.0 tdi quattro 2015

0 1 0

2. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a call from the dealer on Friday afternoon, the main reason for the call appeared to be to query my fuelling habits (part or full fill) and to try to get me to admit to having put the wrong fuel in at some point in the three months I have had the car. I'm getting pretty ****** off with that stance. At what point does it become slanderous?
    They also suggested I claimed against my insurance on the basis that I had misfuelled; I pointed out that this would be fraudulent and not something I am willing to even consider.
    They seem quite keen that I do not reject the car, mainly because of the time the process would take and the amount of hassle it would cause me, and that I could be without a car for several months, but that's not an issue as I would just buy something else this week.
    Finally they agreed to fully repair the car following the Audi guidelines, and have it ready in time for my holiday in July if i verbally agreed to consider contributing up to £500 as a goodwill gesture to them. I'm waiting for full details of that on Monday, as well as a call from Audi UK about my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 A4 Allroad 2.0Tdi

1 1 0

3. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's cheeky of them to query! Mind you, if it was me, I'd probably only have fuelled 4, maybe 5 times in the time you have had the car and still have the receipts. :-(

Personally, I'm not sure about stubbing up the £500 good will gesture either. Isn't that admitting part responsibility? i would stand your ground and expect 100% FOC under their used approved warranties programme.
    A5 (Cabriolet) 2.0 TDI 177PS S-Line - Scuba blue, Technology pack (high), B&O soundsystem, Bluetooth (low), Heated seats, Autoglym life shine.

1 2 0

4. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £500.00? That would cover the labour and if Audi supplied the parts.....

0 1 0

5. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Labour is 11 hours apparently.
    The legal advice I have is to reject their offer due to implied partial responsibility and possible impact on any future warranty claims.
    Given that the car is financed through Audi it would be their problem if I rejected the car, not the dealers problem. So here's what I think has happened: Audi have told the dealer that they will supply the parts but the dealer must suck up the labour cost, so the dealer is trying to recover as much of that cost as possible, with £500 covering roughly half of the 11 hours at retail prices, so really no cost to them at all.
    I'm now at the point where I don't trust the dealer at all.

2011 A4 Allroad 2.0Tdi

1 2 0

6. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I currently use Sytner at both Reading and Slough if you want move on after this issue is put to bed.
    i have had better experiences there than the Basingstoke/Camberley group. Not sure that's the right bit of Berkshire for you?
    A5 (Cabriolet) 2.0 TDI 177PS S-Line - Scuba blue, Technology pack (high), B&O soundsystem, Bluetooth (low), Heated seats, Autoglym life shine.

0 1 0

7. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update:
    After intervention by Audi UK the repair will be done FOC . . parts are on back order but the repair is expected to be completed by June 30th.
    I'll post an update once the car is back, but at the moment it looks like we will get to the right outcome based on the fact that I have done absolutely nothing wrong . . .

2011 A4 Allroad 2.0Tdi

2 6 0

8. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthweasel View Post
    Update:
    After intervention by Audi UK the repair will be done FOC . . parts are on back order but the repair is expected to be completed by June 30th.
    I'll post an update once the car is back, but at the moment it looks like we will get to the right outcome based on the fact that I have done absolutely nothing wrong . . .
    Please do keep us updated - it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to see people getting what they rightly deserve.

It also goes to show just how sly some dealers will try to be to preserve profit.

0 2 0

9. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you finally got it sorted. It seems to me that you are spot on with with regards to audi offering the parts and the dealer trying to re-coup some of the labour cost from you....cheeky c****! Anyway glad your getting it sorted!

0 1 0

10. Re: Advice required urgently please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update
    Got the car back on Wednesday afternoon, fixed, cleaned and full tank of diesel, no charge to me at all. Still not sure who took the hit, the dealer is still saying it was them, but a contact elsewhere has suggested it was Audi. Either way I'm a happier customer now than I was a couple of weeks ago . .

2011 A4 Allroad 2.0Tdi

0 4 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast