Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Hi All,

From what I've read you can now remap tricore ecu's via the obd port, so was wondering if anyone had any experience of using a bluefin on a TDi Ultra?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    are you in warranty?

0 0 0

3. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    It's due to be built in a fortnight

0 0 0

4. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    don't bother then until you're warranty free. everything is traceable.

0 0 0

5. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Understood; however looking for experiences to take a balanced view. Cheers

0 0 0

6. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    everyone will tell you not to do it while in warranty, when the car goes into the dealer the computer will see it straight away and blacklist it for life re warranty claims.

0 0 0

7. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    But the whole idea of Bluefun is before it goes in for a service you remove the tune and reload the original. I can't see how it can be detected. I had Bluefin on a Mondeo, it was bloody good.

0 0 0

8. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Believe me it's detectable. Every software change leaves a marker on the flash counter and will change checksums and hidden values which only Audi can see. Do a bit of research on the TD1 flag, you'll see what I mean then.

0 0 0

9. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Yes, a plug-in box or remap will be good. It will fool the ECU into over-charging the engine to increase performance. And, because the ECU will be working with falsified information, it will not respond correctly to the environment in which it is operating (fuel quality, oxygen levels, engine temperature, etc.). The Remap won't "care" about whether the engine and ancillaries can take the extra heat and forces resulting from the additional performance its dishing out. But in stock tune, your ECU does care because its job is not just to provide performance for you to enjoy but also to protect the engine so that it continues to perform reliably for years to come.

But you know all this already, because you know your use of an aftermarket tune needs to be hidden from the manufacturer.

Why not wait till the warranty runs out and then do what you like? Or just buy an A6 with a bigger engine? But, whilst the car is in warranty, accept the fact that, by receiving a warranty on the car, you have entered into an agreement with Audi to look after it (i.e. not modify it), in the same way that Audi has agreed to look after it should something go wrong.

The subject of tuning boxes and remaps always reminds me of people describing fraud on banks as "victimless" crimes, so we should all be doing it (it's just Audi who will have to cough up for a new engine, no problem!). When I bought my Audi, I paid that little bit extra - not much, probably - to help fund all of the warranty frauds that take place worldwide every year.

0 4 0

10. Re: TDi Ultra & Bluefin remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have to agree. From what I can see, the A6 Ultra is a 2.0L engine, right? If so, and you really wanted a performance car, why didn't you just buy the 3.0L?

I can kindof understand people re-mapping an STi Impreza, because it's already highly-tuned and bombproof, and also it's not really possible to buy a faster model of that configuration. But it seems insane to me to buy a 2.0L and then map it up to get a few extra BHP, when there are a number of more powerful engines and configurations available for the same model?!!?

And 100% agree with the warranty claim point. If you want to break the warranty, then do it honestly and accept the consequences if/when it goes wrong.

1 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast