Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everybody...

Like a lot of owners my air con / climate control is blowing warm air....

First thing i did was get it leak checked and refilled(kwik fit).... So there are no leaks in the system and fully charged...but still warm air

Clutch not engaging...... turns freely by hand with no feel of drag or any loose movement
    air gap is about 1mm

No voltage at compressor with engine running and blower on full and set as low as can be( disconnected plug and checked at cable end)
    con checked cable.... 0.1ohms to ground on -ve..... 22ohms on +ve to ground

Have checked all the fuses i could find in the cabin

This is where i have got too...

I cant seem to locate the pressure / thermal switches or relay

Hope somebody out there can offer me some advice on anything else to check .... and locations of the above.... wanted to bypass the switches to see if i could just get the clutch to engage to prove the compressor...

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My high pressure switch is located (when standing in front of the car) behind the lower left bumper (drivers side if sitting in the car). Look through the grill you should see the horn and then if you peer carefully you will see the pressure switch in that vicinity. However read my post on my aircon experience. Whilst it may well be the switch it could also be the compressor is shot.

The ambient temp sensor is in the same place but on the other side of the car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks for that , will check it out tomorrow..... probably will be the compressor, but just want to find the reason why no power getting to the compressor, either from switches or the relay just in case...

Is the pressure switch a bypassable 2 pin connection?

Do you know where the relay would be ??

Thanks again for your reply

0 0 0

4. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    TBH I haven't gone looking for the relays yet as I haven't needed to. The HAYNES manual is not very good. Probably the worse one I have bought yet however it does state that they are behind the fascia. Doing a bit of Google research has uncovered that they are behind the fuse panel and require a bit of surgery to get to. See this link

Relay 30 Replacement - Ford Galaxy Technical Section MK I MK II - Ford Galaxy Owners Club

Yes I believe the pressure switch is a normally open and therefore is closed when sufficient pressure is available in the system. On a normal working system if you remove the plug from the switch the compressor clutch disengages. As such shorting the pins should emulate a correctly a pressurised system. However the switch is quite cheap at £19 from eBay so worth changing.

0 0 0

5. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Removed the hp switch today...its a 3 pin so it will probably be a supply, negative and signal return for the ecu depending on the pressure....

So after the checks,

I have no voltage at the compressor when everything switched on...so therefore no clutch engagement
    I have no voltage going to the HP switch, so therefore no signal for pressure going back to the ecu
    All fuses still ok

Need to find low pressure switch ... i think it is on the bulk head somewhere and check out the relay.... unfortunately going away tomorrow so will have to carry on when i get back

going to buy an hp and an lp switch and a new relay....just change them over anyway... cheaper option of the alternative....

0 0 0

6. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is ONLY one switch. It generates a square wave that is sent to the ECU which in turn controls the compressor via the climate control panel in the car. The switch is designated G65 on the wiring diagram. On the rear of the SANDEN compressor you will find what looks like a sump plug with a soft plastic top. This is the over pressure fail mechanism. If protruding it indicates that a over pressure condition has existed. Perhaps your fault lies on the actual climate control panel. Have you checked ALL the fuses. If you look at your fuse diagram you will see quite a few that show the aircon snowflake symbol. As stated before the ambient temp sensor is also in the circuit. Is your panel registering the correct outside temp ?

0 0 0

7. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks again...must admit im flying blind with no schematics to work with....

Yes..i have con checked all the fuses on the fuse panel, unless there are any hiding behind with the relays...
    There are a few missing which i assume were meant to be missing.... Unless the garage popped one and sneakily changed it out for the air con...

Will have a look at the rear of the compressor for the sump plug in the morning....
    The temp sensor reading on the climatic control gauge appears ok and represents the air temp within reason...

0 0 0

8. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I must admit when I bought this car it was on the back of good experiences I had previously had with Golf's and Jetta's. Thinking that being VW these would be well built. Unfortunately I have been less than impressed. The build quality is FARRRRRR below that of my previous Chrysler Grand Voyager (which I ran to a stupendously high mileage without a single major hitch). I would equate these to being on par with my wife's Fiat Multipla and that is not saying much. Point in fact, the Chrysler was a 2000 model and the Multipla a 2003 and yet neither have given ANY aircon issues whatsoever. Yet EVERY single person I speak to who has one of these things has aircon issues irrespective of whether they have a Ford, VW or SEAT badge (of course they are the same damn car). The sheer variation of components in these cars shows the haphazard way they were constructed. Why not choose a design and stick with it? It would be one thing if changes were made for improvement but this does not seem to have been the case. Rather it seems as though, hey we have run out of that so what can we use now. Point in fact, go looking for the HP aircon sensor and you will find that there is a 3 pin and a 4 pin option ?????? Go look for fans and you will find some models (in the SAME year) have two fans and some have one fan ???????, the two fan version has an external fan controller the one fan has the controller built into the fan and is controlled via the ECU.

Anyhow, rant over. If you have two fans then buy the Haynes Ford Galaxy workshop manual for 2001-2006 models. If you have a single fan then PM me and I will send you the wiring diagram.

0 0 0

9. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, Not sure if you got my pm as i dont have 15 posts yet...

Just got back from offshore and have changed out the switch and the air sensor....still the same..

Just about to look at relay.... it is the single fan version , so if i could get a copy of the drawing from you it would be much appreciated..

Thanks
    nick

0 0 0

10. Re: Alhambra 07 tdi stylance air con 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody know what relay number it is for the air con...?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast