1. Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I've organised a big Jag meet for tomorrow, around 64 cars and 114 people, so should be good.
    I have around £900 of prizes to give away, welcome packs for everyone AND its at a distillery, so something for the passengers too...lol

My sons, Peter and Connor came over with their X types today and Rab came with his XJ X308......cleaning day today, so a good laugh for the neighbours, everyone wins...lol

Done at last!!!
    Rab (Kingfisher) came over today as did Peter ( Ped7) with his X type, Connor ( CeeCee96)was working but was kind enough to leave his car fur us to sort for him.....lol

Washed, dried, interiors already done, PB Blackholed, polished, shined, tryes blacked and alloy wheels / calipers etc washed to within an inch of their life, may all be for nothing dependent on mother nature, we'll see I guess.
    Pics below...

Put in a few hours, neighbours probably had a really good laugh, look at those numpties washing cars in the rain....lol
    Ended up taking them up to my private underground car park ( aka the mall ) and dried them off and did what we had to do there.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 1 0

2. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Here's the meet event thread for today for anyone that may be interested

###Scottish meet event Glen Turret Distillery Sun 7th June!### - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Absolutely superb day, great turnout, around £900 in prizes + £500 cash to give away AND the sun was out......all good!!

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

3. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I'd like to start by saying a massive thank you to all our fantastic forum sponsors / vendors, without whom the day would've been much less of an event.

Special thanks to

Mackie’s Transmissions, SNG Barratt, Pinnacle Wax, PrestigeJaguar, Taggarts Jaguar ( Glasgow ) Internet Brands, David Manners, Mr Tint (Glasgow ) DCR Autoparts and TLC Detailing
    All in all I estimate in excess of £900 worth of prizes donated bysome very helpful and generous sponsors.

I reckon all in, we had around 47 cars on the day ( never got a chance to count them )
    Don't know about anyone else but managed to get around 3 hours sleep the night before trying to ensure nothing was missed, up at around 6.30 am to check the car and give her the once over.

My SIL Billy, sons Peter & Connor and Rab (Kingfisher) all arrived around 7.30am as planned and we went over the finer details, leaving around 7.45am, getting to Stirling services around 8.05am in a smaller convoy of 4 Jags.
    We actually passed Willie driving the beautiful XE R Sport from Taggarts Jaguar on the way.

I believe we were the first ones there and one by one, everyone started filtering in to the car park which quite quickly filled with Jags.
    I must say a big thank you to my SIL Billy, sons Peter & Connor and Rab (Kingfisher) who were a massive help on the day, along with various members chipping in along the way, thank you one and all!!
    Also, my long suffering wife Tress, for the many hours I was locked away in the office, the long phone calls and hours on the computer sending emails and begging letters, then all the many boxes and bags, leaflets etc that arrived at our house daily and made the house look like a bomb site.
    I'm so glad she managed to come on the day, she was amazing, so helpful and friendly and surprisingly she really enjoyed the day and I think, made many new friends.

So many members, so many wives / guests stepped up and helped out on the day, by helping to distribute, taking photos, videos, by arranging for prizes and dropping them off, for so many other things, I honestly can’t mention you all here.
    It’d take too much space and my memory isn’t what it used to be, you know who you all are……Quite simply……THANKS!

The guys quickly got into the hang of it and decanted all the welcome packs and distributed to one and all.

Welcome packs
    There were over 100 SNG Barratt bags stuffed full of leaflets and literature from all the sponsors, catalogues, special offers, pens, mouse mats, post-it squares, forum decals, name badges, dashboard info sheets, juice, water, crisps and chocolate, and more....

These were all handed out and we mingled with some well kent faces from the forum and meets of days gone by, as well as meeting new members / new faces for the first time, stressful at this point but busy and enjoyable at the same time....lol

The day went surprisingly according to schedule which was a great relief.
    We left the services almost bang on 9am and a gentle run along the motorway was the plan, allowing everyone to catch up and form the convoy of around 40Jags…..WHAT A SIGHT TO BEHOLD!!!
    Each one shinier than the one before, glinting in the morning sun and screaming “Grace, Pace and Space”

It was simply superb and I just hope that someone got it on GoPro / video???

We arrived the distillery around 9.43am so bang on schedule, Andrew and Willie from Taggarts were already there and had setup the F type and XE c/w Taggarts banners, automotive art, just beautiful.....
    Kudos to Andrew and Willie who were very accommodating, helpful and friendly on the day, they really excelled, thank you Taggarts!

The boys got busy handing out the rest of the welcome packs and we set up the forum banner and then mingled for a few minutes before going in to the café and taking advantage of the food and beverages on offer from Wild Thyme within the distillery, bacon rolls and latte’s all round please with queues out the door.
    Some sat in the newly decorated interior, others like myself went outside, basking in the morning sun enjoying the view, the company and life in general.

About 11am I gathered everyone outside and talked as briefly as possible, introducing the guys from Taggarts and announcing that everyone was welcome to view the cars and ask questions of Andrew and Willie.

At this point I also gave public thanks to all the forum sponsors who had donated and outlined the prizes on offer, and that we would be taking organising the raffles shortly.
    Whilst many of course made a bee line for the cars, some came and bought raffle tickets for the 9 prizes on offer. Throughout the next hour or so, we sold many tickets and then withdrew to organise them before the draw and count the takings as it were.

We actually managed to raise £500 on the day from some very generous members who bought many tickets.

We then went back down to the hub that was the meet and got everyone together to hold the draws, asking lady attendees to independently make the draw.
    It was in my mind to register every winner, but of course this slipped through the net ( I don’t think too many noticed!! )
    One of the member’s wives who was a professional photographer kindly took pics of each winner as they came to collect their prizes…superb!
    I hope to have pics at some point and will of course share as and when they arrive.

After this, I announced that each and every member who had bought a raffle ticket would be automatically entered into the grand draw for a chance to win CASH….A nice little bonus.
    We had split the £500 into the following categories

£100
    £150
    £250

The draws were made and each individual came to collect their cash prizes
    Regretfully and for the life of me, I cannot remember who won what, but suffice to say everyone was happy to be a winner on the day.

I can remember one winner, that was me……lucky enough to be chosen to win the David Manners prize of a Jaguar holdall, polo shirt, sweat shirt, £30 gift voucher and Connolly’s leather hide food!!
    Happydays….

Around 1pm and we managed to get everyone to sign the forum banner in RED INK so as to stand out, then a group photo with everyone BEHIND the banner this time…lol
    See, I do learn from previous mistakes….lol

It seems that everyone chipped in, (I don’t know the exact details) but I was presented with a rather nice exclusive bottle of whisky, specially labelled for me, for which I thank you all so so much, I was blown away, really nice gesture, See below….

We left the distillery probably around 1.20pm and went for the drive, probably around 25 Jags or more. We headed out towards the A85 along the Comrie road, past St Fillans and along Loch Earn at a nice easy pace, so many people looking /staring at the beautiful cars passing by, each one nicer than the next.
    Once we reached LochEarnhead we turned left towards Callander, now merging with ongoing regular traffic, but still a sight to behold.

Down through Strathyre, past Loch Lubnaig, through Callander at a snail’s pace giving all a chance to see the automotive art on display and back to Stirling.
    At this points some members drifted off homewards one by one, these guys had a long drive home having come from some many miles away….kudos to them for attending and hopefully you all arrived home safe n sound?

Meantime,around a dozen or so of us went back to Stirling services, had another latte, mingled and chatted away about life and all things Jaguar and the day in general, absolutely superb.

It was around this time I managed to relax and enjoy the last half an hour or so…..lol
    Special thanks to Kingfisher, Rob Coop,Caldean, Lurker, Jaguar-girl, CeeCee96, Ped7, Dave Roche, Ian McGillivray, Quadrant,

We finished up around 4pm there or thereabouts and all headed home.

Apologies if I missed anything, and sorry I didn’t get the chance to catch up with more of you and spend time with you, my only regret. If I missed anyone I can only hope you understand it was simply down to the hustle and bustle of the day.
    Thank you

Had an absolute ball, a great day, tired, relieved, happy….DONE!

NOTE - pics and videos to come as and when I get them!

0 1 0

4. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Firstly, I apologise in advance for the lack of pics etc, I was so busy trying to make sure everyone had the best day possible, I managed about 6 pics [IMG]http://www.************.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]

The weather was simply GORGEOUS
    The scenery, STUNNING
    The members and guests were warm, friendly and welcoming, a really carnival atmosphere almost

Thanks so much to each and every vendor / sponsor who all helped to make this possible, more to follow on that later.
    In the meantime, here's a few pics of the day so far, more pics and hopefully video to follow as and when they get forwarded to me.
    I had such a great day, managed about 20 seconds with everyone at some point I think if I was lucky, hopefully didn't miss anyone?
    Here's the pics, more info / details etc to follow....

Crieff distillery employee enjoying the F Type 5.0 Supercharged V8 AWD

Forum banner in place, still waiting for more signings, more pics later on this.....

Me in the F Type ( just ) Jeeeesh it s a tight fit, but what a machine!!!!!

Tress letting loose some horses and well impressed / scared....lol

Thinks it suits here and I should buy here one [IMG]http://www.************.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_goofygrin.gif[/IMG]

More as it comes......

0 0 0

5. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

0 0 0

6. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    More......

0 0 0

7. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

0 0 0

8. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Great effort Jim. Looks like you were lucky with the weather as well.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

1 0 0

9. Re: Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks Scott, it was a great day all round, and yes, even the weather played ball

Here's some more video of the day.......

Jaguarforum Glen Turret run 07/06/2015 - YouTube

Stirling Jaguar meet - YouTube

0 0 0