Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Morning all.

Going to be heading out on a trip abroad later this week and want to get some stuff set up with the MyAudi and MMI configuration. Few questions, which I'm hoping some of you might be able to answer.

1. In the MyAudi webpage (my.audi.com) it shows the PIN and say "Please enter the PIN above in your Audi MMI to link your vehicle with myAudi". I'd assumed that the car would automatically connect to MyAudi via the VIN - hadn't realised I needed to manually connect the account to the car. What's the exact menu route within the car's MMI screen to enter this PIN? I've not seen anything related to this, and can't find the steps to it documented. I'm presuming it's under 'Tel' and settings (maybe the connection settings) but it's always difficult to know as the disabled options hide rather than just grey out when data isn't connected, so it's tricky to find it unless the car is in the correct state.

2. When setting up the Google 'send to car' functionality, the MyAudi page says "enter your Google ID" and the Google page says "Enter your MyAudi ID". I presume both of these are the email address used as the accountname used to log into MyAudi? It's doubly confusing for me, as I have myaccountname@gmail.com which sits behind myemail@mydomain.com.... MyAudi is registered with my personalised domain, so it's unclear as to whether I should use that or my Gmail account in the Send To Car setup.

3. I use RSaP via my HTC M8, and presume that once I have #1 and #2 above resolved, that destinations I send from Google maps will come through as soon as I connect the phone to the car (i.e., all data connections are treated equally?).

4. Anyone use RSaP with the MMIConnect smartphone app? It seems like it's never going to work, because the phone can't connect or send data via the MMIConnect app because the data connection is being used by the car, but the car can't receive data the rest of the time because the phone's connection isn't available. Do they have to be connected simultaneously, or does the MMIConnect app send stuff to the MyAudi server, and then the car query the server when it next has a connection?

Hope these questions make sense!

0 0 0

2. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, may have answered #1 with some judicious Googling, actually. Apparently the PIN is under NAV menu => Destination => Online Destination and 'My Audi Account'. Apparently once selected, it'll prompt for the PIN.

0 0 0

3. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    From what I have found using mine for the last few months.

1. When going into Audi Connect in the car, if they are not sync'd the top option will be log in... there you enter your PIN... The Online Destinations seemed to require a second entering. Sometimes it seems like one or both section forget they are paired and request the PIN again, which is very annoying.

2. In Google you need to enter your MyAudi account login email... In MyAudi you need to enter your google login details, so it knows who to listen for and accept destinations from.

3. The Send From GoogleMaps destinations are called up through the Online Destinations section of Nav. Of which you need to be online to get to... So as soon as your phone connects the car to the internet, you will be able to view the destination list.

4. Never used the app/rsap as the car has its own data SIM rather than using the phone data plan.

Hope that helps.

0 0 0

4. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks. Found the PIN entry, and my destinations (Sent from Google) are all there, synced over RSaP. Very slick!

0 0 0

5. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your phone is connected via RSAP, just connect the phone to the cars WiFi hotspot, and then your phone will have a data connection as well as the car...

As far as I know it's the car that connects anyway, and pulls down the data you have input to MyAudi..
    2016 A4 (B9) Avant S-Line 3.0TDI Quattro Tiptronic 272ps

0 0 0

6. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, so use the SIM as the data connection for the car, then have the phone connect to that data connection, going full circle, via wifi?

I doubt it'll work, but I'll give it a go. If it works, it would be insane.

0 0 0

7. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllotmentChap View Post
    Oh, so use the SIM as the data connection for the car, then have the phone connect to that data connection, going full circle, via wifi?

I doubt it'll work, but I'll give it a go. If it works, it would be insane.
    It does work honestly.. My phone is setup like this...

RSAP esentially removes the SIM from the phone and put's it in the car (in a virtual sense), so as far as the phones concerened when it connects to the cars WifI it's using the cars data connection.
    2016 A4 (B9) Avant S-Line 3.0TDI Quattro Tiptronic 272ps

1 0 0

8. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Great! Excellent tip!

0 0 0

9. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AGW82 View Post
    It does work honestly.. My phone is setup like this...

RSAP esentially removes the SIM from the phone and put's it in the car (in a virtual sense), so as far as the phones concerened when it connects to the cars WifI it's using the cars data connection.
    What he said. It works very well - great for streaming radio via the MMI app

The only thing you have to watch is if you're on a limited data plan and have apps that start transferring lots of data when on WiFi (e.g. automatic camera upload) - as soon as the phone connects the car it will see a WiFi connection and all those apps set to "connect using WiFi only" will start transferring data which could add up over a long journey. I have a 1GB cap so have to watch Dropbox for example. There is a way round this on newer Android versions - e.g. on my S5 there's a "Mobile Hotspots" menu under data usage settings; mark the car WiFi connection as a mobile hotspot and apps will treat it as a mobile network, not WiFi.

0 0 0

10. Re: RSaP, MMI, MyAudi and MMI Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good point, well made. That could get messy if my torrent client or musicserver rsync kicks in because it's detected a wifi connection.

I think I'll leave as-is, and if I need mobile data for anything other than navigating, I'll flick off Bluetooth.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast