1. Looking at a5 / diff between 2.0tfsi 177 & 208 engines 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys - looking into getting an Audi A5 - with a budget of about 11.5k my requirements are under 100k miles, manual, 2.0tfsi - I'd like the 208 Quattro but will struggle to find one in my budget.

My main question is what are the differences between the 177 and 208bhp engines? Are the injectors and turbos the same? Would they both remap to the same power?

Also what's the latest on the oil burning issue on these? Have Audi admitted there's an issue and fixing them?

Any tips of what else to look out for would be great.

Thanks
    James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Looking at a5 / diff between 2.0tfsi 177 & 208 engines 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As far as i know at the moment they just give a good will gesture.
    Had mine in this morning for the first part of the oil consumption test, go to go back to audi in 625miles or till light comes on which ever is sooner

0 0 0

3. Re: Looking at a5 / diff between 2.0tfsi 177 & 208 engines 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespheely View Post
    Hi guys - looking into getting an Audi A5 - with a budget of about 11.5k my requirements are under 100k miles, manual, 2.0tfsi - I'd like the 208 Quattro but will struggle to find one in my budget.

My main question is what are the differences between the 177 and 208bhp engines? Are the injectors and turbos the same? Would they both remap to the same power?

Also what's the latest on the oil burning issue on these? Have Audi admitted there's an issue and fixing them?

Any tips of what else to look out for would be great.

Thanks
    James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey James,

Is it definitely only manual and quattro models you are interested in?

My 2009 2.0TFSI Sport, FWD, Automatic will be going up on AutoTrader soon if you are interested? It has 50k on the clock and has had the oil fix. Phantom Black with DRL/Xenons, sunroof, BT, AMI and 18" Alloys.

Audi are finally doing their bit and fixing models affected by the oil consumption issue, but have been known to ask for payment if it looks like it has been remapped, or not been serviced fully. I personally would only look at buying one with proof that the fix has been done, as the price to fix them can vary between £2,500-£6,000....

Cheers,
    Lewis

(try to send you a PM, but didn't realise I needed 15 posts before I could! Apologies if you get that as well!)

0 0 0