Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New A6 BiTDi BE - order soon for April delivery?

1. New A6 BiTDi BE - order soon for April delivery? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I have a 2014 S-Line Ultra Avant and whilst trying to sort out a top up of AdBlue I asked flippantly if they would do me a deal on a new BiTDi BE Avant. What they said was due to delayed orders it would not be a bad idea to order by August at the latest to guarantee delivery for April 2016!?!?

I missed out on recently on an E350 AMG PP touring due to a 6 month delay so I'm actually thinking about getting them to secure the best deal now.

Question: am I mad??

0 0 0

2. Re: New A6 BiTDi BE - order soon for April delivery???? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered a bi turbo about a month ago and when i contact the dealer for a build date, they just keep saying that they are having difficulty with the system - how long after ordering should it take to get a build date - does it depend on the spec etc?

0 0 0

3. Re: New A6 BiTDi BE - order soon for April delivery???? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donmeister View Post
    I ordered a bi turbo about a month ago and when i contact the dealer for a build date, they just keep saying that they are having difficulty with the system - how long after ordering should it take to get a build date - does it depend on the spec etc?
    I used to work in fleet sales for Ford (18 years ago) and all I know was we had build weeks and placements on that build schedule, up to a period we could change anything about the car build, after that you had a small window to change addition options such a trim, ICE and bolt on such a tow bars. What we did do was swap/trade build slots with other branches or dealers to get what we needed. So spec should have a small but minimal impact.

However, as I say I had the same issue as you are experiencing with a Mercedes and maybe cars/car deals are now so complex that the smallest issue throws them out by weeks/months.

Heard a story about Jaguar and the XE, that the first batch needed rebuilt as the oil robot put the wrong oil in. Only realised when the first one off line failed.

0 0 0

4. Re: New A6 BiTDi BE - order soon for April delivery? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L3nnox View Post
    What they said was due to delayed orders it would not be a bad idea to order by August at the latest to guarantee delivery for April 2016!?!?
    Is this is to test how keen you are to buy that particular car, and from initial expectation setting they can then do better? As a BiTdi owner, I wish the lead time to be true, it would only assist inflated residuals and or desire.
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

5. New A6 BiTDi BE - order soon for April delivery? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Well I instructed the order at the start of the week through the lease company and apparently the dealer will call me next week to confirm the spec, exterior colour, interior trim and the paperwork for my personal plate. They have guaranteed an end of May deliver time to fit in with the Ultras return. Will keep this thread up to date as we get closer.
    Last edited by L3nnox; 27-12-2015 at 07:54 AM.

0 0 0