Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Let it idle ( coolant temp above 80 C ) and tell me the reading in basic settings 4( retarded phase - 100,2 % ) also check the reading of the advance solenoid ( cold start valve) at idle

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Reason I ask you to check timing again is because the idle rpm in the first 3 readings tells me the coolant was not hot enough to give a correct reading ( done by the book it should be above 85 C but above 80 C is ok)
    Anyway, the fact that the timing is extremely retarded at rews even when the advance solenoid is at full advance can only be a result of the pump head beeing starwed for fuel or a stuck advance piston ( beeing supported by reading 2 & 3 )
    As before, run the engine fron a can, go directly, bypass the filter.
    If nothing change, the fault is to be found in the pump itself, dont forget to check the fuel pipes between the filter and the Injection pump

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. Can't get it started!!! Will let you know readings when I get it started again however the first readings above were from the basic settings 4 however the coolant wouldn't go above 75 deg.

I'm also going to check the fuel pump as I couldn't hear it working when I tested it using the connect fuse 28 positive to Battery terminal 12v positive method

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you have some time to kill, take a look at this : Allroad 2.5 2005, drop in economy, flat performance, longer cranking on cold start
    I,m preeetty sure the fault on yours are in the same area, if the fuel supply is ok I,m afraid you need a new Injection pump

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK. I managed to get it started again and got the measurements when the coolant was over 80 deg:

Address 01: Engine (4B2 907 401 J)
    11:51:12 Group 004: Start of injection - Full load-4000rpm-85*C
    766 /min Engine speed 3800-4200 rpm
    2.4 °ATDC Spec. start 10-14 *BTDC
    2.2 °ATDC Actual start 8-16 *BTDC
    100.2 % Cold start valve
    11:51:12 Group 007: Temperatures
    33.3°C Fuel Temperature (G81)
    95.7°C Oil Temperatur (G8)
    24.2°C Intake Air Temperature (G72)
    90.2°C Coolant Temperature (G62)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:53:22 Group 004: Dynamic Start of Injection Adjustment
    835 /min Engine speed 3800-4200 rpm
    Early Spec. start 10-14 *BTDC
    2.2 °ATDC Actual start 8-16 *BTDC
    3.6 % Cold start valve

11:53:31 Group 004: Dynamic Start of Injection Adjustment
    835 /min Engine speed 3800-4200 rpm
    Late Spec. start 10-14 *BTDC
    2.0 °ATDC Actual start 8-16 *BTDC
    100.2 % Cold start valve

0 0 0

6. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ametlib View Post
    Crasher is not right about checking timing with the timing graph . Its not reliable when comes to the 2,5 tdi ! Check timing in basic settings 4 retarded phase !
    I don't agree, for myself in VCDS it always corresponds to exactly the figures displayed in the blocks. When on the line, the zone value floats around -1.8 > -2.2° BTDC where the spec is -2°BTDC or more correctly 2° ATDC ± 2° but I don’t believe in tolerance…

00550 Injection commencement regulation. Control difference

This fault message is stored if the actual crankshaft angle at the start of delivery differs from the specified angle by more than 3°. The specification is transmitted by the engine control unit to the injection pump. The comparison between specification and actual value is carried out in the injection pump.

Possible cause of fault

Tank filled with petrol or biodiesel
    Water in fuel
    Air in fuel system
    Start of delivery not OK.

Possible effects

Loss of power at high engine speeds
    Engine will not start easily
    Gearbox in emergency running mode
    Fault 00575 is stored

Fault remedy

Check tank for petrol or biodiesel; if this is the case: drain tank and fill with diesel, erase fault memory and perform road test, then interrogate fault memory again
    Check fuel supply and return lines for blockage or kinks
    Drain fuel filter
    Check fuel system for leaks
    Eliminate air in fuel system
    Check electrical fuel pump
    Check injection timing control range

Checking injection timing control range

There must not be any faults stored relating to needle lift sender G80
    Coolant temperature must be at least 85°C.
    Start basic setting function, Display group 04, engine running at idling speed.
    The Commencement Of Injection valve is alternately opened and closed for 10 seconds at a time.
    Check readouts in display zones 2 and 3

Advanced

> 12.0° BTDC. Okay - injection timing is sufficiently advanced
    <12.0°BTDC. Start of delivery not OK

Retarded

<0° BTDC. Okay - injection timing is sufficiently retarded
    >0° BTDC. Start of delivery not OK

If the specifications are not obtained by the injection timing control:

Check tank for petrol or biodiesel; if this is the case: drain tank and fill with diesel, erase fault memory and perform road test, then interrogate fault memory again
    Check and adjust Commencement Of Injection
    Drain fuel filter
    Check fuel system for leaks
    Eliminate air in fuel system
    If the specification is not obtained for a second time, renew injection pump

Checking Commencement Of Injection
    Coolant temperature must be at least 85°C
    Start basic setting function, Display group 04, engine running at idling speed
    Check display in display zone 4
    Specification: 100%
    Observe display in display zone 2.
    Specification: “retarded”
    Check display in display zone 3.
    Specification: 2° ATDC ± 2°
    If the readout does not match the specification, adjust the Commencement Of Injection

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The last fill up was definitely with diesel. (Shell Nitro)

I've just tried running it with a separate fuel can directly to IP to eliminate fuel supply issue possibility. No change

Also spoke to a someone who used to be an Audi diagnostic technician (now at BMW). He said it was likely to be a fault with IP.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I have no sent my IP away to Diesel Bob for a rebuild. I will need to re-adapt/re-program the pump to the immobiliser. Can this be done with the VCDS adaption? If so can you advise how this is done?

0 0 0

9. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I varies according to what is done, he will be able to tell you. Some I have been able to do with VCDS in Adaptation 10, group 00, read, save, yes.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: 2.5TDi won't run properly - Fault Code 00550 - Start of Injection Regulation - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I have just changed the injection pump and I need to adapt/match the new pump to the immobiliser. I have VCDS and I understand I need to have a 4 number PIN to do so. Do you know how I can get hold of this? Tried the above but didn't work..

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast