Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right... Where to begin!

I had the 00550 start of injection regulation fault code come up on my Audi which is a 2.5 tdi quattro with the AFB engine, I gave it to a trusted (or so I thought) mechanic. Who gave it back to me non running!

Following that, I attempted to rebuild the pump, then sent it to diesel bob to double check it was ok, who said it needed further work, which I couldn't afford. He very kindly advised me on the pump number which was 0470506006. So I could look on eBay for a good second hand unit. I didn't have the timing tools so I gave the car to a local garage, after fitting the pump myself. Which was my next mistake! They couldn't get it running after timing it all up. So they advised me that it needed programming to the car. This pump doesn't need to be programmed at all as I've found out by looking on Google.

So I've now spent £300 on a pump I don't know works. And a further £200 on getting it timed and programmed, and the car still isn't running.

I know it's a sorry state of affairs. But I guess my question is... Could there be anything else in the fuelling side of things that could prevent the car from running. If I assume the pump is ok, if there is something that is relatively easy to fix in the fuelling system that is causing a problem then I'll put more money into it. If not I fear I may have to cut my losses. Something I just can't afford to do right now! Hence the rather desperate plea for advice!

As always any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

0 0 0

2. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bleed it properly

0 0 0

3. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would hope the garage would have done this... To double check, how do I do it? They said that there was no fuel at the injectors. So I guess they cracked the injectors. Would a row start pull the fuel through?

0 0 0

4. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thruth is many of them independent garages have no idea what they're up against when comes to bleeding these pumps. Finally they simply give up because they believe something is wrong ... To answer your question- dont understand " row start" but if you tow it with another
    car it should eventually start

0 0 0

5. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, row start might be tricky! That's my iPhone deciding that tow wasn't a word!

Great thanks for the help. I'm on holiday at the moment, but I'll try when I get back on the 30th and report back.

0 0 0

6. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have used a large syringe and pushed diesel back through the return lines into the pump. You will see the bubbles going back to the filter.
    Then top the filter back up with diesel.

A container of fuel feeding the filter will also help - the fuel tank is lower than the filter so you are not helped by gravity. Once the car runs, reconnect the filter to the tank and start again immediately.

Once it is running, it is recommended to leave it running for a while before giving too much revs - it can take a long time to get all the air out.

If the HP pump is badly airlocked you will not pull the fuel through and will bugger the pump no matter how fast you tow it.
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue SOLD
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi, Blue - getting ready to get rid of
    2008 A5 3.0 Tdi Quattro Coupe, Grey
    2010 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi, Blue

0 0 0

7. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's great thanks Paul. I'm praying the half wits at the garage haven't knackered the pump now!

Probably a stupid question but how do I identify the fuel return lines?

Thanks for your help guys. I'll post the outcome either way on here.

0 0 0

8. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There are two ways you can go about it, the clear hose coming out of the filter is the feed line, the other is the return.

First method, if you have a pumping device or syringe big enough to fit in the bore of the pipe. Do the return first, then go the other way with the feed line.

Second method, if you are using a syringe with a small bore, pull off one of the small lines coming from an injector and put the syringe in there.

The syringe rubber will not last very long doing this, but you should get a few goes.

Do not inject air!
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue SOLD
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi, Blue - getting ready to get rid of
    2008 A5 3.0 Tdi Quattro Coupe, Grey
    2010 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi, Blue

0 0 0

9. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's great, thank you very much. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

0 0 0

10. Re: DESPERATE! Audi 2.5 TDi injection pump problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well got back from holiday... Sure enough no fuel in the return pipe whatsoever. I'll be having words with the garage, and try to bleed it up tomorrow evening. I'll keep you guys posted!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast