1. Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Hey guys quick bit of help as don't have manual to hand but this just flashed up....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431711952.823229.jpg

What's the warning light mean?

The light on the parking brake / handbrake light was flashing and wasn't turned on if you know what I mean and the car was in D/S mode but car at a standstill...

Any help appreciated - it reset when we stopped and restarted the car but came on again a while later...

Thanks in advance

0 1 0

2. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It is a warning to tell you that some sort of error has occurred with the electric parking brake. I had this on my Passat many moons ago, and in the case of that one it was in fact the switch that sorted it (about £20 from a dealer, and dead easy to fit) - whether the same applies to your car, however is a different story. The only way you will know for sure is to get a code read done and take it from there.

Lang may yer lum reek!

Current: '09 Audi A4 Avant SE TDI (143)
    Previous: '56 VW Passat 2.0TDI SE - I survived 'BKP' ownership!

0 1 0

3. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Deffo EPB.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

4. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Thanks guys - it's a strange one where the warning flashes on and then after turning off and restarting the car it disappears - will get it to dealers next week

0 0 0

5. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, its a parking brake fault - I've had this on mine. Get it to the dealers asap.

It took them 3 visits and the car being with them for a week to resolve it, so try and make sure the fault is showing when you drop it off otherwise in my experience they are not able to work out what's causing the problem. On mine, I ended up getting a new parking brake caliper thingy, a new ECU and a lot of work done to the electrical system before the fault was fixed and I got the impression the dealer never did work out exactly what was causing it...
    Last edited by Aero97; 17-05-2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

0 0 0

6. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I agree - get it in sooner rather than later; if it chooses to stick in the on position......... well, suffice to say that I think it would spoil your day a bit

Lang may yer lum reek!

Current: '09 Audi A4 Avant SE TDI (143)
    Previous: '56 VW Passat 2.0TDI SE - I survived 'BKP' ownership!

1 1 0

7. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Not what I wanted to read but yes a phone call to the dealers tomorrow

0 0 0

8. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Photo of the offending warning will also be wise to prove you have a genuine fault and not something you dreamt about!

0 0 0

9. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Agree about the photo. I video'd my faulty front parking sensor and my intermittent clutch judder so there's no way they can say "no fault found"

0 0 0

10. Re: Parking brake warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I had this on my car as well, took to Aberdeen Audi yestrday who diagnosed a wiring loom failure, they havent been able to tell me what exactly failed and it is very intermittent (twice in half a year). Quote was £197 + £100 diagnosis. Annoyingly when I got the car back another warning came up to say my right rear inner light had failed and it had. Upon starting the car again, warning light off and rear inner lights back on.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast