1. My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Here's my Jaguar XJ (X358) 2.7Tdvi Sovereign LWB and work done, some under warranty, some through monies from discounted sale price and some actually paid for....lol

tweaked it here n there since I've had it as follows

New rear diff and prop shaft under warranty £4000
    Rear park assist sensors under warranty £300.00
    Alloys refurbished £300.00
    Hubs and calipers painted stock silver and Black ( changing to red shortly )
    Rear window tints ( possibly to follow shortly ) £108.00
    New Exhaust tip finishers added £80.00
    Chrome headlight / taillight finishers removed
    Private plate added
    Saltire valve caps added £15.00
    Rear wishbone bushes replaced.......£200.00
    Rear shocker bushes replaced........£200.00
    Cat flexi pipe repair passenger side repaired....£300.00
    Bonnet switch bypassed ( bonnet open messages and car alarm sounding randomly ).....£00.00
    New rear brake pads supplied / installed £50.00
    Locking wheel nuts removed £00.00
    Remapped from 204bhp - 245 bhp £300.00
    Few more bits n pieces I'm sure but these are the highlights....

After paintwork cut and treated with Poorboys Blackhole........smoooooth as a babies bottom

Thanks for looking
    Jim

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 5 0

2. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Looking good Jim. From the look of the alloys, you don't let your wife drive it!!
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 4 0

3. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That reg is worth more than my car!

0 1 0

4. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That a very nice car you have there............... always fancied one of these ever since a friend of mine had one but after using it for a few days it left a huge hole in my wallet and it was like a big magnet to petrol stations.

1 1 0

5. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hard to beat the black !!!

1 1 0

6. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Looking good Jim. From the look of the alloys, you don't let your wife drive it!!
    NEVER, SIMPLE, END OF!!...lol
    Thanks Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Doctle Odd View Post
    That reg is worth more than my car!
    Hardly Doc, but thanks for the compliments my friend

Quote Originally Posted by johnca View Post
    That a very nice car you have there............... always fancied one of these ever since a friend of mine had one but after using it for a few days it left a huge hole in my wallet and it was like a big magnet to petrol stations.
    Lol, thanks for the kind words
    As I am Admin on a Jaguar forum I have access to all the best prices, parts suppliers and nice little cheap fixes, so all good!
    Thanks for the kind words John

Quote Originally Posted by JMR1 View Post
    Hard to beat the black !!!
    Yes it is nice in the black, but a mare to keep clean of course
    Last edited by JimC64; 08-05-2015 at 12:04 AM.

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

2 3 0

7. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hoping to do a few more bits n pieces in the next week or so.

Although I've just redone the hubs and calipers, I intend to get the wheels off again, re do the hubs stock silver ( 2nd coat will look much better ) and then repaint my calipers in
    Ferarri Rosso Red ( probably be 2 coats at least I'd think )

I have the R grille badge as per my sons X type below, just adds a little colour and intrigue, changing out the front std Black growler to a nice Red one to match the colour scheme

Should look something like this ( on my sons X type ) when finished although the wheels will be different of course...lol

Then on Friday booked in for rear window tints, which again should look similar to my sons X type ( shown below ) The car will be just a little bit bigger, that's all

Cost....
    Window Tints £120
    R grille badge £49.50
    Red Growler badge £40
    Red wheel centre caps £44
    Red caliper paint £8

Then another coat of Poorboys blackhole prior to the Crieff distillery meet Sun 7th June

I believe the Audi boys are going late May as always?
    It's usually a great meet event, any of you guys going??

I would be ashamed to turn up in my A6 now the wife's had it for a year, it's nowhere near the same car

1 5 0

8. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks nice. Perhaps go for a slightly lighter tint? I think a lighter tint gives it a bit more class but thats only my opinion. Enjoy.

1 1 0

9. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok so today, wheels off again and repainted my hubs n calipers AGAIN...lol
    Hubs redone stock silver, 2nd coat looks much better

Calipers - opted for Ferarri Rosso red, this was the 2nd coat and a massive improvement, also added the red wheel centre caps, lovin it!

Contacting Prestige on Tuesday when Dougies back, looking to go in for a 4 wheel alignment, Red growler badge, R badge fitted and then tinted windows on Friday.....

Really pleased I had the guts to go for the red in the end as I really love the look.
    Thanks

0 1 0

10. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well, called in to Prestige Jaguar today to get my 4 wheel alignment done, now runs straight n true, all good [IMG]http://www.************.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_dance-tap.gif[/IMG]
    Also got them to supply and fit a Red Growler grille badge, really looks nice, maybe a little meaner [IMG]http://www.************.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_steer.gif[/IMG]
    I also took an R grille badge with me which they fitted at the same time.....

Going to try and do a little more work on the paintwork and take some pics over the weekend hopefully.

Lastly - went in to see Mr Tint about my window tinting, totally bummed to find out that as I have rear laminated glass they can't tint them[IMG]http://www.************.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wub.gif[/IMG]
    Oh well..
    The upside - told them about the meet in Crieff coming up shortly and negotiated a £120 window tint voucher!!
    All good

0 1 0

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast