1. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jim you're doing a fabulous job on the car. With the detail you go into I'd imagine you'd be tough to work for!

1 3 0

2. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just wondering Jim, if you're recent visit to the Quarry had anything to do with the pitting. ...😕 ( only joking 😊 ) They look really well, and I can well understand that they needed to be replaced. ....even minor blemishes stick out like a sore thumb when everything else is perfect. You're list of the " To Do's " must be very small now!

1 2 0

3. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctle Odd View Post
    Jim you're doing a fabulous job on the car. With the detail you go into I'd imagine you'd be tough to work for!
    Thanks Doc, getting there slowly, always seems to be something to do, change, mod or upgrade...lol
    Yes Doc, by my own admission, I'd be a nightmare to work for, scary that you can see that....

Quote Originally Posted by JMR1 View Post
    Just wondering Jim, if you're recent visit to the Quarry had anything to do with the pitting. ... ( only joking  ) They look really well, and I can well understand that they needed to be replaced. ....even minor blemishes stick out like a sore thumb when everything else is perfect. You're list of the " To Do's " must be very small now!
    Thanks JMR1 - Don't think it was the quarry, just pitted / stone chipped over time, definitely due for replacements though.
    Everything else is far from perfect, but in decent shape for sure.
    As for the to do list??

I'd like to respray the front bumper, bonnet and wings due to some small stone chipping here n there, might as well do the back bumper too.....maybe at some point
    I'm sure there are a few other bits n pieces, but it's always ongoing as I'm sure you know!
    Last edited by JimC64; 01-06-2015 at 01:03 AM.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 2 0

4. Re: My ****** XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Seriously?????
    All the ******* you see are the word J A G U A R!!

Why oh why is that a banned word on this forum?
    I've asked so many times and can't understand it...........unbelievable!!

So for anyone that may be interested in reading this, I haven't swore, called the dealer names, used profanity, or necessarily broken ANY rules that I'm aware of, just dared to type the word of a British car manufacturer ( well now Indian technically ..lol ) and it's all STARRED OUT????

CRAZEEEEEE!

Examples here in every post....
    Big Jag meet tomorrow, cars cleaned today

My ****** XJ X358 even in the titles??????

Another son brought into the fold -X type no 2

To type the word ****** ( assuming its all starred out ) J A G U A R you must space it out............strange, weird and kinda messed up
    One fed up Audi / ****** forum member

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 1 0

5. Re: My ****** XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well I bit the bullet today and ordered a dashcam for my car. I went with the Nextbase 402G Professional as recommended by 2 forum members, both of whom had them on the day at the forum meet and also posted videos. There's also some great reviews around for them too.
    I guess I could've went for on at £25 - £30 or maybe a little more, but wanted assurances that it will do what it says on the tin, first time, every time. I see you can pay anywhere from £25 or so up to around £400 so I suppose it's fairly upper mid range generally speaking

Nextbase InCarCam™ 402G Professional - video recording for your journeys from inside your car

The Nextbase InCarCam™ 402G Professional captures every moment of a journey in 1080p High Definition quality video. The device has a 140 degree ultra wide angle 6G (6 layer sharp lenses) lens, complete with infra-red transmitters, to capture everything in the driver's field of vision, night and day. So even if an accident happens with a motorist changing lanes, you'll capture it all. The Nextbase InCarCam 402G is an essential independent witness on the road. It will automatically capture and save footage of an incident which can be vital to provide to your insurance company to prove a claim was not your fault. The InCarCam™ 402G can also be your witness to capture unsafe or unscrupulous drivers and make sure you are not left out of pocket with your insurer. Not only that, but in the unfortunate case of an accident the camera can be removed from the windshield and used as a normal camera for taking pictures outside the vehicle. The Nextbase 402G is also not just a video recorder and camera. With the inbuilt G force sensor you are able to prove that you swerved, braked and show the force of an impact. Furthermore with the inbuilt GPS you can log your journey on Google Maps™, prove your speed and show exactly where an incident occurred with full road names, which can be key to resolving an insurance claim quickly and easily.
    Key Features

• Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) imaging
    • 1080p High Definition video capture
    • Crisp 2.7inch anti-glare widescreen LED display
    • Ultra wide 140 degree lens viewing angle
    • 3-axis G-Sensor impact protection
    • Motion detection to start recording if vehicle is left parked and impacted
    • Standalone camera mode for taking static pictures from outside the vehicle

Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) Imaging

Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) image capture works by taking multiple pictures at different exposures and cleverly merging them together to produce an image that is representative in both dark and bright areas of the picture. This means a superior quality and clarity of video can be captured even in very bright or gloomy conditions.
    Crisp 2.7inch Widescreen Anti-Glare LED Display

Watch video playback and easily select settings and menu options on the large 2.7inch backlit anti-glare LED display.
    1080p High Quality HD Video Recording

Your journey is captured in 1080p High Definition video so whether you're watching your video on the device or on your TV at home you'll not miss a thing.
    Ultra Wide Camera Viewing Angle

Events don't always happens right in front of us. With the 6G 140 degree wide angle lens the Nextbase InCarCam™ 402G Professional will capture everything in a drivers field of vision. So if, for example, an accident happens whilst a driver is changing lanes in your periphery, you'll have captured exactly what happened.
    Works Night and Day

The device is complete with 8 infra-red sensors so even if you're driving at night it will capture the best possible video.

I bought it from Halfords though, who were happy to price match and included a funky neoprene carrying case and an 8Gb SD mini card
    I ordered a 32GB SD mini card though which is the one that I'll use, it should give around 5 hours of driving time before overwriting.

Really decent camera with 1080p, WDR (Wide Dynamic Range ) and G shock sensors too, great footage day or night and 30fps too.
    Here's a few video's from members on the day, decent quality I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/WhZPA5k95_w

https://www.youtube.com/embed/H3zi5IHmzIU?feature=player_embedded

I paid to get them to hardwire it into the car ( can't be doing with wires everywhere!! ) and it should be installed on Wednesday.
    I'll take a few pics of the install and perhaps a video of it in action at some point too

Anyone else got one of these?

0 1 0

6. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    <snip>Anyone else got one of these?<snip>
    I tested a mini 0803 (from E-Prance) for a short while after seeing Techmoan give it the thumbs up but after having 2 fake cards (via sellers on amazon, learnt my lesson there - only ever order directly from Amazon) and the camera intermittently cutting out on me (usually at the point I would have liked to have the footage it should have captured) I returned it and have been considering alternatives since.

Blackvue are one of the most obvious options but the price still makes my backside twitch.

Be interesting to see how you get on with this one Jim

0 1 0

7. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    I tested a mini 0803 (from E-Prance) for a short while after seeing Techmoan give it the thumbs up but after having 2 fake cards (via sellers on amazon, learnt my lesson there - only ever order directly from Amazon) and the camera intermittently cutting out on me (usually at the point I would have liked to have the footage it should have captured) I returned it and have been considering alternatives since.

Blackvue are one of the most obvious options but the price still makes my backside twitch.

Be interesting to see how you get on with this one Jim
    Thanks Esh, appreciate the comments
    Yes, I think from research that the Blackvue are certainly up there in terms of everything including the price for sure. I guess the Nextbase taking off the extra card I bought and fitting too would come in at £129.00 so considerably cheaper.
    As far as I can tell there's nothing that the Blackvue can do that the Next base can't ( could be wrong ) an it was awarded Which best buy in 2014, so definitely good value, quite funny how 2 members came to the forum meet buying these just days before and both opted for the same one.

0 1 0

8. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    So, managed to get my dashcam installed today and pretty pleased with the results all in all.
    I waited and chatted with the tech who was doing the install and advised where I wanted the camera installed etc. It was all fairly easy in all honesty with a hardwire kit supplied.
    I chose as close to right behind the mirror as possible for less clutter and best view, seemed to work well, with only a small amount of wire showing from the headliner to the camera ( unavoidable )

Not the best pics, but see below.....interior and exterior shots

short video below, with a dirty screen of course ( SLAPHEAD)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wczzc97433hk2rz/1.MOV?dl=0
    Last edited by JimC64; 27-10-2015 at 02:58 AM.

0 1 0

9. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok, so I managed to test my new dashcam on a run to Aberdeen and surrounding areas the other day.
    See as short video of it in operation during daylight hours.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4j3z93az6azo3r/15.MOV?dl=0

I also wanted to double check for myself operation in night time mode, so did a short run earlier for the purpose of checking and posting here, see link..
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/egmjlw3x3jkiw9u/16.MOV?dl=0

Both met or exceeded my expectations, happy chappy

1 3 0

10. Re: My Jaguar XJ X358 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Night time picture quality is great Jim, you must be pleased

1 2 0

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast