1. Rusting/Corroding B6 Passats 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you own a Rusting VW Passat (or other model) and you have struggled getting VW to honour their 12 Yr. Anti-Corrosion warranty, then you may find the informative site I have put together useful.

This has been put together to help all and sundry deal with VW in order to get them to just repair our cars and stop fobbing us all off with defects they consider are only covered for the first few years.

It is primarily aimed at the B6 Passat, but the same principles stand for whatever model you own and you’re having issues with.

http://www.corroding-volkswagens.com/

0 1 0

2. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    mhomami Guest
    Thanks for this. Love this car too but had it for less than three years and already looking at £2.5k repairs outside regular maintenance. Is this car really the exception or is this just what to expect from a car that's done 80k?

0 0 0

3. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhomami View Post
    Thanks for this. Love this car too but had it for less than three years and already looking at £2.5k repairs outside regular maintenance. Is this car really the exception or is this just what to expect from a car that's done 80k?

Hi mhomami

I can’t say for everyone. But most that I have spoken too or when I have trawled through forums, these B6 Passat's appear to have many very common issues costing a grand a time. That’s before you factor in any corrosion.

I only came across the corrosion issues by mistake, as I was getting my B6 ready to give a full bodywork detail. To my horror, when I cleaned round the tailgate lights, I noticed what the common corrosion issues here. This caused me to look through forums only to discover many common issues throughout door seams, bonnets and wings.

These issues are also found present on the newer B7 and many other models like Jetta bora and golfs.

Another worthwhile site to look at is Modern VW Passat Rusting issue Corrosion Poor Quality

The gentleman there has been through and heard the same spiel as I . Actually, he has had a much harder ride than I.

Anyway, feel free to browse the site as it’s not meant as VW Bashing. It’s just an informative way for those of us suffering from the corrosions issues to get them resolved by the warranties we were all sold with.

Kind Regards

Stu

0 1 0

4. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    mhomami Guest
    Thanks Stu. Had an advisory on my last MOT noting rear anti roll bar corroded but not significant. Will have a read to see what I can find. Bought car second hand so assume 12 year warranty does not apply.

Currently suffering undiagnosed fault with EMS and have posted here for help. Hopefully will get to a fix without maxing credit card.

0 1 0

5. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Warranty does apply. It's with the car not just the first purchaser. Had my '06MY tailgate done by Beadles Sevenoaks -- got excellent service, loaner, and showroom valet. There are some dealers that'll do a good job Although they replaced the rearscreen washer sideways so had to go back. Still, it was useful for warning cyclists where I was

Also see running thread: http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/vie...f8971f0c43061b
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

1 1 0

6. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhomami View Post
    Thanks Stu. Had an advisory on my last MOT noting rear anti roll bar corroded but not significant. Will have a read to see what I can find. Bought car second hand so assume 12 year warranty does not apply.

Currently suffering undiagnosed fault with EMS and have posted here for help. Hopefully will get to a fix without maxing credit card.
    If the car is covered on their 12 yr Anti-corrosion warranty regardless who you bought it from. If its less than 12 yrs old, its covered.

Dont let then palm you off in anyway with rot about servicing or any other crap. The warranty is the warranty and is in place regardless who you but the car from.

The strange thing is, I do love the car as its suites our very purpose, and I love the quality drive. But I hate dealing with VW who deny everything in sight and I am fed up spending near on a grand everytime something goes wrong.

Actually I see you have a 2008 which is well within the warranty.

1 1 0

7. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    mhomami Guest
    Thank you both. I'll look into the rusting issue with the roll bar and see if it applies and sounds like I'll need to dig a little deeper to check other areas of the car too.

0 1 0

8. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    vespa Guest
    I had less trouble with my Rover 45 V6 than the Passat I have now. Rust on the inner edge of the bonnet. I am on my 3rd set of rear lights due to LED failure. Key went out of synch and nobody could explain why. Damage to front wheel on delivery. Window wiper blades swopped at supplying dealers for a worn out pair. Loose screws and fittings in the boot after light replacement. Oil on path after servicing by supplying dealer and sloppy "crapmanship" by some screwball apprentice spanner monkey. Would I buy another VW ? No I would rather have a red hot poker stuck up my backside by the Bishop of Bath and Wells.

0 1 0

9. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    mhomami Guest
    Agree completely vespa. I had a 2005 Passat Highline before this and it ran like a dream. Would have kept it too had my wife not run into a bollard and messed up the driver side door. Came by a bit of cash and decided to "upgrade" while I could instead of getting the new door I fitted repainted for £300. What a mistake! Aside from my VW dealer being dishonest from sale to servicing, I've spent till now over £1.5k just to keep it on the road with another possible £1k if the DPF needs replacing with this latest set of problems.

Seriously considering getting rid of the car and going on PCP but what a waste! Lost about £5k overall in the last 2 years on devaluation and faults and entering into PCP is a financial burden that did not need to exist. Such a shame as the car looks and drives beautifully but you just cannot rely on it if youre on a tight budget i.e. do not have at least £2k a year contingency set aside.

0 1 0

10. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rusty's wall of shame is up and running.

www.corroding-volkswagens.com/rustys-wall-of-shame/

If ANYONE out there is struggling to get VW to take responsibility for their corroding VW, then feel free to contact me on max_gain@btinternet.com and I will willing publish images of your corrosion, just to add a little more leverage to your claims process that’s all.

Stu

0 1 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast