Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxgain View Post
    Our B6 was allegedly SERVICED when we bought it from Newport VW.........
    When our local indy serviced it next, it was obvious by filters and such that no service had been carried out. They are a Shower of the brown stuff to be honest.
    Just checking Max, re the filters etc
    On my Audi A6 I was horrified to find that they weren't changing the air filters etc every service, but turns out they were on something like 40k intervals!!
    So they were servicing it correctly according to the book, just not for me, I get mine done every year no matter what, cheap insurance in my book

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 1 0

2. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Rich

I am similar. I dont wish for it to clock up 40K of crap starving the engine of air before they are changed.

Sinclair Swansea rang me to advice the claim for the tailgate lights was processed successfully and that they are on order. After looking at the images of the defects in both front wings, he concluded these are stone chips that they sprayed over. As I pretty much know every surface of the car, because I am **** like that, I know where almost every stone chip is FACT. And I know there were NONE on either wings.

I dont know if these images will show just a small sample of the marks.

Links to the images

http://i.imgur.com/Smr3qXg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YDzQsgg.jpg

0 1 0

3. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, my wife took the vehicle to a local reputable body shop just for a second opinion from a "Qualified eye". Two of them looked it over and basically said it’s just a poor quality job. May I add that they are nowhere near Sinclair and not in competition with them, so the advice is totally unbiased.

I am waiting for Sinclair to get back to me to discuss collecting the car to have the lights fitted and further inspect the quality of their work.

I am hoping it just gets resolved as I really want to just put this whole sorry episode behind me.

0 0 0

4. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For all those who may be interested, I have updated the web site to include a sample complaints letters to the CEO of VW UK and data access request letter at the bottom of the flow chart. This suggests ways to deal with getting your car repaired 100% through the 12 yr. anti-corrosion warranty

These are only sample letters and can be used in their entirety or as a handy reference to tackle VW. The CEO complaints letter outlines the issues and points that we have argued. Although they offer no guarantee, others have used them with great success.

http://www.corroding-volkswagens.com...ow-to-make-vw/

0 0 0

5. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for your continueing work on this. It's a good central focal point.

What does the Data Protection Act request achieve?

For your sample letters, could you also post in .doc format? Some here have given up chasing the MicroShaft holy grail and don't do .docx
    Or use another Operating System altogether...

Cheers
    RichardSEL
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

6. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No probs Richard. I will look to address the formats. I just wished to put "Something" out there to work with. Like the rest of the site, it’s kind of a work in progress, so I am always up for any useful advice.

The data access requests cost the client requesting them a flat fee of £10 per request. The information gathered covers email, service history and every voice phone call logged with VW (on a CD) and simply serves to provide useful evidence in the event you wished to pursue your claim through the small claims court. They are not entirely necessary. It’s simply up to the individual whether they wish to or not. I did, because once I had the ball rolling, I had every intention of going down the small claims court route if I hit a brick wall with VW. That’s all. However, at the forefront when dealing with VW, it was my prime intention to sort it amicably between us.

Thanks for your kind remarks. You are right, it’s a good focal point and primarily all about keeping the momentum up to encourage all and sundry who are having issues in dealing with VW. It’s not VW bashing or do I have any malice towards them. I have remained polite and civil at all times, even when let’s say hurdles have been put in my way ha ha ha. I know they are only playing “Damage Limitations” with us all.

Cheers

Stu

0 0 0

7. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Identical Template letters now in .Doc format.

If anyone is having issues opening either, then let me know and I can easily add additional formats - http://www.corroding-volkswagens.com...ow-to-make-vw/

Cheers

Stu

0 1 0

8. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. Havn't yet migrated to Mac but I'm on the way

I believe Mac OS10 can open .doc but dunno about .docx. But can't write to either, but can convert.

(I'm in XP Home now, having been a late converter from Win2k last year. No problems with that OS even with ancient PCs.
    But yesterday, during OE's infamous "compact messages in background" process, lost half my message base)
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

9. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In light of the recent emissions scandal, VW appear to be on lock-down in the UK. A lot of the UK media have naturally focussed their attention on Volkswagens dealings with their cars and customers. This was brought to the attention by SKY NEWS who broadcast this news report at the bottom of the following link which regardless that it says Forbidden, it works fine 403 Forbidden

VW are now “Silencing” customers who have fought to get their vehicles repaired under the VW 12 yr. anti-corrosion warranty.
    Once the customer in question has managed to gain the offer they are happy with, VW stipulate they will only carry out the repair as long as they DONT contact either www.corroding-volkswagens.com or www.rustingvolkswagen.com or make it public on any website or forum.

VW literally threat to withdraw the offer in the event the customer goes public in ANY WAY !

It’s somewhat amusing the lengths VW go to in order to keep us all ignorant to the FACT that by questioning them, sending them Data Access requests in preparation to take them to the small claims court and sticking to your guns, you WILL get the result you are happy with.
    The only person I am aware of who got as far as turning up to court to get 6 panels repaired on his B6 Passat, under the warranty, had VW settle just before it went into be heard. This would suggest VW know they can’t possibly win such cases and this alone is admission to the problem and sets a precedence to everyone else who follows.

Although no guarantee, I know the advice given on corroding-volkswagens is still shown to be a very effective method in encouraging VW to repair our cars. Also anyone who wishes advice is more than welcome to contact the website owner. As long as everyone is getting the offer they wish for, that’s all good and well and what the website is all about.

VW’S ACTION IN SILENCING CUTOMERS IS ADMISSION IN ITSELF THAT THESE METHODS ARE VERY EFFECTIVE !

0 0 0

10. Re: Rusting/Corroding B6 Passat's 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    In addition to the hard work maxgain has been doing, a stickey thread has been running since March 2012 on UK Passats forum.

Not all dealers have been so, erm, shy in honouring corrosion claims under the 12-year warranty. I got good service, and others have too.
    But VWUK do seem to be adding conditions to their warranty that wern't there originally. Such as being a repeat customer of vehicles, any trade connections, if the vehicle's been serviced regularly at an approved dealership, etc.

http://

... "nice little earner"

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast