Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Help

Took the car out for a longish drive with family to a nearby hill station. Was cruising at about 120 on the expressway and needed to floor the car to overtake another when all of a sudden after mashing the throttle car went into limp mode, coil sign started flashing and i got another symbol above the external temp reading in the cantre(can anyone tell me what that symbol is for) and a msg saying restrict RPM to below 2500.

Pulled over the car to the side switched on/off and back to normal. Happened again when the symptoms were replicated .

Can anyone tell me what could be the issue. Had a oil change 10 days back, air filter clean, coolant topped up . transmission oil changed approx 9 months back(7000kms back).

All help would be appreciated. Gonna get a scan done in approx 2 hrs once the workshop opens.

Regards,

Jignesh20160103191442.jpg
    Last edited by viperjng; 04-01-2016 at 06:09 AM.
    2009 Audi A6/C6 3.0 tdi quattro remapped stage 2 with full Miltek catback exhaust & K& N filter

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quite a lot in the model specific forums

Please Help Audi A6 2.7tdi glowplug light flashing/limp mode.

Would strongly suggest you invest in VCDS since your car is so heavily modified.
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Got the car scanned and am attaching the trouble codes. Got them deleted and they all went away. Problem is I keep getting ESP fault, Parking brake fault & Brake system fault every time I start car in the morning. Also yesterday I got a transmission fault in addition and the car would be in 3rd gear from standstill. Tried slotting to manual mode and downshifting but no luck. After driving a bit it would be normal.

All codes self erase if ignition switched on/off 2-3 times and car is normal. Any idea where the issue could be or how I could diagnose the same. I personally feel that this some electronic fault and some wires may be chewed on by rats. My parking area is infested by rats.20160108_094407.jpg20160108_094419.jpg20160108_094429.jpg20160108_094419.jpg20160108_094357.jpg

Would apprecaite help in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Jignesh

PS - have already ordered a VCDS for myself
    2009 Audi A6/C6 3.0 tdi quattro remapped stage 2 with full Miltek catback exhaust & K& N filter

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Jignesh

Glad you have ordered a copy of VCDS it will make future diagnostics far easier.

The EPB/ABS fault is almost certainly caused by a damaged ABS wiring loom, this would be accessible from under the car by vermin, not quite sure how you prevent a occurrence without encasing in some sort of chain mail? Worthwhile checking your brake fluid level to start with in case they've chewed through one of the brake fluid rubber pipes...which of course you can replace with stainless steel ones if the case.

Tranny faults are rare as the tiptronic is virtually bulletproof if the fluid/filter is changed after 80k miles and then 50l onwards, I think you previously advised that it had been, just as long as the correct fluid was used and you don't now have a leak?

PS: As these are not tuning or performance issues you really should be posting in the correct model section here:

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php/328-Audi-A6-C6-Forum-2005-2010

A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Definitely get a larger intercooler and rig up a water meth spray .

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Tried checking for signs of rats chewing the ABS loom and all wiring in general but no success. Regarding transmission even tho I had chaned the transmission oil approx 10,000kms back changed it again alongwith the filter on Friday(car has clocked a total of 76,500kms to date). Car felt and drove fine till Saturday late night when i took it for a high speed run. Was doing approx 140 kmph when I floored the gas to shift lanes and overtake and the coil light flashed, car went into limp mode.(solved with restart). The car drives absolutely fine in part throttle all the way to 200kms chkd immediately after it went to limp.

Next day afternoon when I tried starting the car got the following errors on igninition in order ESP fault, Parking brake malfunction, Brake system fault, Head light range control . They all got self erased on switching ignition on/off. However after the car fired up i observed that the transmission would be in D3/S3/M3 from neutral and would not go to 1st gear even if I switched on/off ignition.

Drove approx 75-100 metres and car would be normal. My mechanic is suggesting that we try replacing the oil pressure switch as that was one of the codes thrown up in scanning.

Any ideas or suggestions on what we should do as going nuts trying to find the problem and am scared of taking the car out of town with fear of being stranded on the highway.

Regards,

Jignesh

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah I'm getting this.
    I had mine remapped for power.
    Since then occasionally the spring light pops on flashing and there's no power.
    Only happens on cold mornings when engine cold.
    To me it's like turbo is screwing to much dense air in due to the map.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    OP is in Mumbia, from memory it never drops below 20c

Perhaps humidity in his case?

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTM View Post
    OP is in Mumbia, from memory it never drops below 20c

Perhaps humidity in his case?
    Well when cold I never push anything.
    The wife has had this heater glow light on 3 or 4 times now.
    It's all times been when cold.
    Possibly weather or engine cold.
    Once you turn it off and back on will last over a month or 2 before it happens again.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Its definitely not the cold as current minimum temps are in the region of 23*C. All symptoms point to loose contact, or communication problem with the ECU as per two workshops I have taken the car to. Problem remains and has infact worsened.

Now sometimes the car does not start at all and it takes 15-20 tries to get it to start. Not sure if I am using the correct term but the fuel pump does not prime up and all the errors keep flashing. Once it starts and you drive for a few minutes its fine through the day.

Could really use some help. Have scheduled an appointment with the Audi workshop but am scared that they may want to replace most components and charge me a bomb.

Regards,

Jignesh

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast