Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Here are some pics of the car at present.

Jignesh
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    What type of remap do you have, economy, mid or full power?

Also which tuning software was used, e.g. Alientech, blufin?
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

The maps are customised and done in house by TuneOTronics in India. My car is tuned mainly for mid but now plan to push it for power after doing some data logging. They use anything from cmd to alien tech to tune the cars. Seriously planning on getting a Hybrid turbo from either Tdi Turbos or Darkside Developements.

Unfortunately neither of them have any concrete data on the performance & gains on the A6 3.0 tdi quattro so in a bit of a confusion.

Jignesh

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Typically remaps of our engines should be as follows:

Eco = 10-12% increase (23BHP)
    Mid =13-18% increase (40BHP)
    Pwr = 19-24% increase (50+BHP)

I could, via SoTP dyno* tell that mine drove in normal like it did in 'S' prior to the change, so you should be able to see a difference.

As you data logged did you do some before the remap and then after?

I assume you are using VCDS?

ATB
    *'Seat of The Pants' Dyno
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

So have decided to take the plunge and order a Darkside GTB2566VK Hybrid Turbo. Currently running a Custom map which as per my tuner is at max power levels. Current upgrades on car are a full Miltek catback exhaust and a K & N conical filter (open air).

Now the problem is my tuner says that if we upgrade the turbo then we would need to upgrade for more fuel and air etc. Also If the turbo is upgraded then you will need a MAP sensor( 4 bar) which will need to be calibrated into the car.. He does not know how to do the same and hence we are now stuck.

Also is it possible somehow to enable/get launch control in this car.

Current estimated power levels on existing setup are 330hp and 790nm torque however cannot verify the same as we do not have a 4 wheel dyno in Mumbai where i stay.

Would appreciate any help in solving the problem.

Regards,

Jignesh
    2009 Audi A6/C6 3.0 tdi quattro remapped stage 2 with full Miltek catback exhaust & K& N filter

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Would be interested in seeing a picture of your open filter arrangement, given that K&N are renowned for letting large particles through and India being classified as having quite polluted air, (this indicates Mumbai's a minimum of 2 or 3 times worse than London) I'd be worried about ruining my engine:

Pollution Comparison Between Mumbai, India And London, United Kingdom

May be helpful if you used the search features of the forum and read threads like this:

and the excitement begins

Look under the rear of your car, if you still have back boxes on your zaust then that's he reason your noise isn't better, I have straight through pipes

Whilst you say that the nearest rolling road is over 1200km away surely it would be worthwhile taking a week off and going and getting it dyno'd? At present you've only got your tuners word for it!

Oh, in my opinion the green viper decal on the car really cheapens the look of what is a prestige marque...it's not (IMO) a rice car.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Attached pics of the filter as well as the full exhaust that was installed in the car as requested. Not really concerned about the filter getting dirty quickly as have my own workshop and get it attended to routinely.

As far as the Viper logo goes thats my company logo. Home

Am closely monitoring all threads pertaining to the Audi 3.0tdi engine on this forum as well as other forums. Darkside recently msg me about what they achieved on their project car "Just done 330bhp and 500ft/lbs on a DynoDynamics" . No one else has posted a dyno of their car with hybrid turbo or given figures of gains hence my concerns.

Doing the 1200km run is on the cards as and when I can make time from my work schedule.

Regards,

Jignesh
    Attached Images
    2009 Audi A6/C6 3.0 tdi quattro remapped stage 2 with full Miltek catback exhaust & K& N filter

0 1 0

8. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Am sure you've already PM'd Bops to ask then?

As to filters independent test (when I ran my 18psi SC'd MX-5 with methanol injection) gave Apexi the best performance combined with filtering, K&N was usually at least 3 places behind (or last)

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    On one of the other forums, a guy in Dubai mapped his car and had massive problems. This was due to the excess heat and quality of fuel (petrol in his case). You might want to look at an upgraded intercooler or at least discuss it with the tuners.
    Exhaust looks great. Good luck.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C6 3.0tdi quattro Remap done what more can be done 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Am on the look out for a upgraded intercooler thats bolt on. The only link I've got is to AUDI S4 B5 Upgrade Intercooler Kit #200001006 which I feel is a bit too steep @ USD 1000/- After taking into account the shipping and customs duties Will be out of pocket by USD 1750/-.

If I dont find anything more reasonable may go in for this unit eventually.

Jignesh

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast