Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I want to purchase RCD510 for my passat however I know that it has exactly the same problem that RNS510 has which will cause battery drain.

I've found this amazing fix for RNS510 (Unofficial 272x software and SWL recovery CD) which was posted on this forum in 2012 and I'm wondering if this same fix will work for RCD510?

Has anybody actually used this fix on their stereos? Has it helped at all?

0 0 0

2. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Just change the CANbus module. Easy enough and they're much cheaper now. All you'll then need is coding with VCDS
    (sez he not actually having tried a Chinese CANbus module)
    Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com <----- this URL will take you there

The 272x software modifies the firmware of an RNS510, not a RCD510. You can do a modification in the battery box, but that produces the "Regensburg syndrome" meaning whenever the navi is started it centres on Regensburg. Also last track, last radio station listened to info is not saved.
    Last edited by RichardSEL; 24-04-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: CANbus URL
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

3. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardSEL View Post
    Just change the CANbus module. Easy enough and they're much cheaper now. All you'll then need is coding with VCDS
    (sez he not actually having tried a Chinese CANbus module)
    Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com <----- this URL will take you there

The 272x software modifies the firmware of an RNS510, not a RCD510. You can do a modification in the battery box, but that produces the "Regensburg syndrome" meaning whenever the navi is started it centres on Regensburg. Also last track, last radio station listened to info is not saved.
    Was afraid of this answer...
    Think it might just be the best option...
    Could probably find a canbus module for around £20 from germany on ebay...

Only problem then is to find somebody who will change and re-code it Might try that at a local garage.

So will 3C0 907 530 Q be the right canbus then to use?
    Is there any point to get a newer one?

0 0 0

4. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    "Q" is the last revision for us. Otherwise £113 from dealer spares. For second hand you want an "F" or later.

Northampton's just a bit out of my reach for VCDS coding. You need a VAG indie (they'll have VCDS or VAS 6052)
    or someone local to you. Here's a locator:
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms...5cfcb6158e0447

0 0 0

5. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Is it me or there are no F or higher revision CANbus modules on ebay?
    Don't really want a Chinese replica...might completely mess up all the controls...
    If I'm going to change it then might as well fit in a proper one unless somebody could confirm that these Chinese gateways are working

0 0 0

6. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    AFAIK the "Q" the Chinese sell is the same as they fit in their Magotan equivalent to Passat CC

For our B6 Passats, “E” superseded “C” version in June 2008. “H” superseded that in February 2009, and then by “L” in March 2009. The “Q” came out in January 2010.

There's a couple of "E" revisions eBay listed but they would have to have a software version of 0048 or later. I don't know what s/w version's on those "E"s listed. So it's 'phoning round the scrappys. There was one in the for sale section on UK Passats but that was before Christmas.

Update on "Q" VW's price: £117.05 +VAT = £140.46, ex-stock ker-ching!

0 0 0

7. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardSEL View Post
    AFAIK the "Q" the Chinese sell is the same as they fit in their Magotan equivalent to Passat CC

For our B6 Passats, “E” superseded “C” version in June 2008. “H” superseded that in February 2009, and then by “L” in March 2009. The “Q” came out in January 2010.

There's a couple of "E" revisions eBay listed but they would have to have a software version of 0048 or later. I don't know what s/w version's on those "E"s listed. So it's 'phoning round the scrappys. There was one in the for sale section on UK Passats but that was before Christmas.

Update on "Q" VW's price: £117.05 +VAT = £140.46, ex-stock ker-ching!
    Starting to have a feeling that it's just easier to find a garage that does these upgrades and ask them to do this for me.
    Even finding the right canbus is a real pain...Specially for a guy like me who doesn't really know what he is looking for except that canbus module should be revision F+

0 0 0

8. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    They'll only go to VW spares (to cover their butt in case buying secondhand goes wrong) and you'll end up paying VW prices +an indie's one hour = over £200 (ker-ching/)

If you've got Climatronic (two-window) climate control, remove that by four screws and you can then reach in, loosen the module's holding bar, untwist the cable, remove plug, reverse, and your done bar the VCDS coding.

0 0 0

9. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Purchased 3C0907530L from ebay for £48 yesterday.

Hope to arrive in next couple of days.
    Now just a matter of finding somebody with a VCDS near me who could give me a hand in replacing the thing + recoding it

Thanks for all the help Richard.

0 0 0

10. Re: RCD510 Stereo for 2007 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    It's been a right pain to find somebody near me with VCDS.
    Seems that members within 30 miles radius of Northampton who had VCDS do not visit this forum very often.

Maybe somebody who has VCDS and sees this thread could message me if they are ready to offer their help with recording CANbus?

Went to a garage and those guys quoted me £120 to change CANbus

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast