1. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But I've found a few threads on different forums all with exactly the same symptoms, yet no answers!

0 0 0

2. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that -- I'll have a look for the TCU tomorrow. Do you have a use for your spare? (when you get back)

0 0 0

3. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    On the subject of automatic transmissions... which is the best to go for? Tiptronic or Multitronic?
    Cheers, Jim

0 0 0

4. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR1 View Post
    On the subject of automatic transmissions... which is the best to go for? Tiptronic or Multitronic?
    Cheers, Jim
    Based on everything I've read, Tiptronic is preferable.

1 1 0

5. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    hi is it 4z7927156h and would you consider selling it pm me please

0 1 0

6. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Mark E, I'll bear that in mind. Do you know where I can find the id code on a manual A6-C5 6speed box?

0 0 0

7. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just collected my 55 reg allroad from the Audi Dealership. I had almost identical issues including immplausable switch position I asked them to do a full scan on the car and they found the same code as you mentioned. I was fortunate in having an old Rallying mate who has been with this dealer for over 25 years. They said the only place for this to originate is the selector switch on the outside of the box passenger side. The switch fits over the control shaft that the gear selector cable connects to I was fortunate again as the switch was the cheaper £137 unit and not the £250 one.
    All in fitted and new bits like bolts and screws gaskets etc the job came to £727.79
    I drove the car home over the North York moors with no problems for the 40 miles trip The box was changing up at around 1900/2200 rpm 5th gear was giving 60mph at around 1950 and 70 was 2300. The car averaged 32mpg which i would previously only get on a cruising motorway trip.
    I had previously done a gear box oil change ( 6 of the 9 ltrs) and box filter as well. fingers crossed

0 1 0

8. Re: Another Tiptronic Fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Mine had the implausible signal about a year ago but I guessed it would be costly so waited to see if it got worse cos it was still useableand its not my everyday car.However I did start regular checks by moving the gear change without starting the car about 6months ago and it not happened since so maybe settled down.My son has now usurped my space on the drive with his TT so its on the road outside.The road is level but the drive is an up incline so maybe the move helps.The car seems to like gremlins cos things happen like the heater flaps sometimes stick then free themselves and the washer bottle occasionally empties itself then is OK for weeks.Vag seem to have and endless supply of these signals.Wifes mk5 golf had airbag light fault which is the bad connector that seems almost standard but has been cleared.Sons girlfriends EOS has the same which he cant clear so he is going to follow up a recall on

0 1 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123