1. Audi Allroad 3.0TdI, newbie11 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I bought my 2007 all road 3.0TDi a couple of months ago. I love it; it's covered almost 70,000 miles, is very relaxing to drive and is packed with goodies.
    It seems like the sort of car that can do everything, effortlessly. It carried 5+roof box+full boot effortlessly over the Easter break (big vote of confidence in Thule's new wingabr edge, pricey but great).

I knew when I bought it that the brake pads were due for replacing; so I had all discs and pads replaced, at an Audi dealer, about a month ago. I've since covered about 2,000 miles.
    Tonight, pulling out of a blind side road with the radio turned down, I noticed a metallic noise coming (apparently) from the drivers side front wheel. The noise seems to subside when breaking, and changed when turning the wheels away from straight ahead. I'm thinking wheel bearing.....or splash guard.....or anything else, hopefully cheap?? Before I get the wheel off tomorrow, any bets??

Additionally, the driver's side photothingummy, heated mirror lens is brown.....dare I ask if there's a cheaper way of buying a new mirror glass than at an Audi dealer?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 1 0

2. Re: Audi Allroad 3.0TdI, newbie11 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I have had the same noise and both times it has been a bit of gravel caught in the brakes. Came out with a power wash. The mirror glass shouldn't be too expensive as long as it's not the auto dimming type. Best to get OE as long as you want to keep it heated. You can get cheap copy glass as well.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Allroad 3.0TdI, newbie11 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    I have had the same noise and both times it has been a bit of gravel caught in the brakes. Came out with a power wash. The mirror glass shouldn't be too expensive as long as it's not the auto dimming type. Best to get OE as long as you want to keep it heated. You can get cheap copy glass as well.
    Thanks Scott, I've just taken the wheel off....and as I did so, a tiny stone fell. Not sure where it was lodged, but it seems fine now. It was one of those noises that sounded expensive, I'm very relieved!

Unfortunately the mirror glass is auto dimming, I'll find out the price from an Audi dealer and post it up, suspect it's not going to be pretty.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Allroad 3.0TdI, newbie11 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    At least one thing was cheap!
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Allroad 3.0TdI, newbie11 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Allroad 3.0TdI, newbie11 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are quite fragile.
    at least if you use the dealer you will only have to buy one. If they break it during fitting ( which does happen) they will replace it..

0 0 0