1. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sports diff and the adaptive dampers were key!

It's a black edition avant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blimey, didn't realise how much time has passed. Just thought I'd post a quick update having said goodbye to my BE Avant Ultra last month and collected my new S4.
    Missing some of the toys and creature comforts from the A6, particularly the lighting pack with the door handle puddle lights, but am loving the speed and feel of the S4. The engine is fantastic!!! It's also very thirsty, my mpg has halved, but then I was expecting it to. Anyway, a few pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445505691.211158.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445505705.117939.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445505712.540688.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445505724.007355.jpg

0 3 0

3. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure why the quality is so rubbish? Damn phone!

0 0 0

4. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chief, WOW congrats, love the colour and looks really good with the quads at the rear.

When you get to drive it more, please give more detailed report. Would also love to hear how it fits with family situation v the A6.

Thanks for sharing.

jukkha

0 0 0

5. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Fantastic colour!

0 0 0

6. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkha156 View Post
    Chief, WOW congrats, love the colour and looks really good with the quads at the rear.

When you get to drive it more, please give more detailed report. Would also love to hear how it fits with family situation v the A6.

Thanks for sharing.

jukkha
    Thanks! I was really unsure about Sepang Blue, but I really like it. I just wanted something a bit less bland (not sure if Daytona can be described as bland, but you know what I mean!) but was worried it might be a bit loud. It is in the sun, but very changeable depending on light.

I've done nearly 1000 miles in the last few weeks. It really is a cracking engine. Having driven and RS3 and RS6 on an Audi RS day before collecting the S4, I was worried it would feel a bit tame, but I was pleasantly surprised. At legal speeds, it is a very quick car and feels far more agile than I'd expected. It's not exactly tail happy, but you can really feel the rear getting a proper chunk of the power.

It feels a lot smaller (and certainly internally) is a lot smaller than the A6. I hadn't really quite realised how much shoulder space you get with the A6. It feels a whole lot narrower in the S4. The plastics feel a bit naff compared to the A6 and you can definitely feel it's a generation behind. Having said that, within a week or so I was thinking 'cor it's nice in here' so probably just testament to how nice the A6 interior is that it makes most things feel a little low rent when you first see/touch them.

Space wise, we have got rid of the double buggy, so the boot is fine. It's still always absolutely jammed full of stuff, but so far my wife hasn't shouted expletives about buying a 'stupid small car' like she definitely would have had an RS3 arrived.

I am loving being back in a petrol (apart from the consumption!!) and having an petrol engine with so much torque is great too. The acceleration from 20-40 and 30-70 etc is great and it sounds lovely. Quite discreet, but nice and purposeful. Struggling to get much above 20mpg though, which is a bit painful! Probably not helped with enjoying the performance so much though!

I mentioned that I miss the lighting pack on the A6, it's also particularly annoying in the S4 as some of the internal lights are led and some are standard. I'm way to lazy to change them, but it does aggravate me.

Other things I miss are:

Arm rest/storage - the A6 set up was just great.
    Front ash tray - brilliantly damped change holder in the A6. Naff old thing like a 90's ford in the S4.
    Rear load cover - not automatic in the S4. Really bugs me for some reason!

General quality of the S4 just feels a bit less too - things like filler cap, boot floor, various small bits that don't really make any difference but are just noticeable having come from the A6.

Bottom line though is that I am really enjoying it. It's narrower and more nimble, still has enough space for us and it properly flies.

I think it could be a keeper for a few years. Although if and when MRC crack the new ECU then the promise of 480bhp with the car looking completely stock will be very hard to resist!!

0 1 0

7. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefbadger View Post
    Thanks! I was really unsure about Sepang Blue, but I really like it. I just wanted something a bit less bland (not sure if Daytona can be described as bland, but you know what I mean!) but was worried it might be a bit loud. It is in the sun, but very changeable depending on light.

I've done nearly 1000 miles in the last few weeks. It really is a cracking engine. Having driven and RS3 and RS6 on an Audi RS day before collecting the S4, I was worried it would feel a bit tame, but I was pleasantly surprised. At legal speeds, it is a very quick car and feels far more agile than I'd expected. It's not exactly tail happy, but you can really feel the rear getting a proper chunk of the power.

It feels a lot smaller (and certainly internally) is a lot smaller than the A6. I hadn't really quite realised how much shoulder space you get with the A6. It feels a whole lot narrower in the S4. The plastics feel a bit naff compared to the A6 and you can definitely feel it's a generation behind. Having said that, within a week or so I was thinking 'cor it's nice in here' so probably just testament to how nice the A6 interior is that it makes most things feel a little low rent when you first see/touch them.

Space wise, we have got rid of the double buggy, so the boot is fine. It's still always absolutely jammed full of stuff, but so far my wife hasn't shouted expletives about buying a 'stupid small car' like she definitely would have had an RS3 arrived.

I am loving being back in a petrol (apart from the consumption!!) and having an petrol engine with so much torque is great too. The acceleration from 20-40 and 30-70 etc is great and it sounds lovely. Quite discreet, but nice and purposeful. Struggling to get much above 20mpg though, which is a bit painful! Probably not helped with enjoying the performance so much though!

I mentioned that I miss the lighting pack on the A6, it's also particularly annoying in the S4 as some of the internal lights are led and some are standard. I'm way to lazy to change them, but it does aggravate me.

Other things I miss are:

Arm rest/storage - the A6 set up was just great.
    Front ash tray - brilliantly damped change holder in the A6. Naff old thing like a 90's ford in the S4.
    Rear load cover - not automatic in the S4. Really bugs me for some reason!

General quality of the S4 just feels a bit less too - things like filler cap, boot floor, various small bits that don't really make any difference but are just noticeable having come from the A6.

Bottom line though is that I am really enjoying it. It's narrower and more nimble, still has enough space for us and it properly flies.

I think it could be a keeper for a few years. Although if and when MRC crack the new ECU then the promise of 480bhp with the car looking completely stock will be very hard to resist!!

Brilliant review Chief and great comparisons v A6. Sounds like a fantastic motor overall though. Keep us updated further down the line and bigger photos too when you get chance. I really love this colour.

0 0 0

8. Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Jukkha, will try and sort some better pics. Here is the one from collection. Shows the blue in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1445519541.287825.jpg

1 0 0

9. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think tapatalk is causing me trouble with pics. Will try and sort it!

0 0 0

10. Re: Biturbo sports diff 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Funny timing... spoke with my twin brother in California on Monday and he said he was considering chopping in his S4. Had it 5 or 6 years and 95K miles so felt it was time. He was thinking another S4.

Tuesday he calls me and he's in a new facelift A6 3.0T (the same supercharged V6 that the S4 has). Basically he could not find an S4 in anything but black (which is a killing jar in the California summer), factory orders take an eternity and this Ibis white A6 was sitting in the Audi showroom so he went for that.

He is loving it - for all the reasons you are missing stuff in your S4 compared to the A6. Quieter, more comfy, better cabin etc. It is a bit softer drive (it's on 19" wheels I think) but he's happy with that - and the seats are a whole lot more comfy. Engine wise he does not think there is much difference in performance, but his S4 had a slightly less tuned version of the 3.0T - I think they upped it to 340bhp or thereabouts now.

Bottom line is the are both lovely cars. Enjoy the experience!
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

1 1 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast