1. DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    The DAB radio on my 2014 TDI Ultra keeps either muting or switching to the equivalent FM station. Could this be the that the antenna connection has become loose or the fact that I recently installed a NextBase 402G in-car camera and that is producing the problem?

The SD card navigation system also lost all the route information the other day, which again could be tied up with the above.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    So I have a C7 A6 (2011 MMI firmware 770) with DAB and a blackvue front & rear cam. DR650GW 2CH, I also have DAB.
    I fit to the interlink between 2 cameras a ferrite core & to the power line feeding the main camera from the driver side fuse box.

No DAB problems. Ferrite cores suppress electronic noise that can upset DAB.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/ferrite-clip-on-hem3012-n89ab
    HEM3012 (2.5mm hole) for single core.
    Code: N89AB

Some HD video cams can cause problems for DAB as they can interfere on high frequencies.
    Also DAB antennae connection if loose would be a problem when VIDEO CAM powered off, so do a test, KILL the power to the cam for a day or two.
    2016 (B9) A4 Saloon S line 3.0 TDI quattro 272 PS tiptronic
    2012 (C7) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, S-tronic, Sports Diff. 242PS
    2010 (C6) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, Tiptronic, Le Mans. 233PS

0 0 0

3. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Great - many thanks. I have one already but thanks again for the Maplin link.

0 0 0

4. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

0 0 0

5. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Another great reply - many thanks.

0 0 0

6. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you go into the hidden green menu in the MMI, there's a way to show the radio signal strength. Then you can switch things off & on and see what happens.

Also, if you search the forums, there was someone who had a bad heated rear windscreen which caused radio problems and needed to be replaced.

0 0 0

7. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    All good points, the one about a 12v DC to 5 v DC adaptor is especially true these days with cheap versions of electronic power droppers.

The Cam I use runs 12 v DC direct via a fuse tap & timed regulator "Power magic".

Blackvue Accessories : Power Magic Pro - Power Controller
    Google Fuse tap

0 0 0

8. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Can I ask if there is any update on this issue? I plan on buying a Blackvue 650 front and rear camera kit with the Power Magic suply but I am wary of the DAB issue.

Thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    Can I ask if there is any update on this issue? I plan on buying a Blackvue 650 front and rear camera kit with the Power Magic suply but I am wary of the DAB issue.

Thanks
    Hello Wildbore,

I've been running my Blackvue 650 dual camera kit for 4 months now and no issue with DAB.
    Like I said earlier I have a ferrite core on the rear camera end about 4" (inches) away from the cam on that line & the another on the other end at the front, same line running to the front camera.
    I have a 64Gb micro SD card in and record continuous, I use the Blackvue power magic pro box (power controller) that switches off the blackvue after 12 hours of no ignition.

I've never had the battery go flat, I've had no DAB issue.

The only issue I've had is a corrupt micro SD card which I had to reformat in the main PC, this is a common fault of continuous record , rerecord looping systems.
    The card runs none stop for about 3 months before I had the first corrupt card.
    What I've done now is to format & prep a second card which I keep in the car if the main one corrupts, then I switch off (pull the power lead out) let the blackvue shut down, then remove one microSD and push-in the spare, power up and off it goes again. I carry the spare microSD card because when the Blackvue fails to read the card, it says a continuous message, telling you to remove the card, can be very irritating...

Anyway, it's works flawlessly, recordings are clear, I have a 2011 A6 saloon with rear window tinted (privacy glass) and both front and rear cams do a grand job.
    The camera runs in parking mode when the ignition is off and records any movement event.
    you'll love it.

You can't see the small ferrite cores as they are behind the headliner front & back
    20150703_192008_resized.jpg

20150703_192036_resized.jpg

2 1 0

10. Re: DAB intermittant muting 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yep i agree with all of the above, have exactly the same setup and once you attach the ferrite cores to the camera leads the DAB problem is solved....

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro
    VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4 Motion 2016 manual

Full VCDS Available

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast