2. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    can't seem to find any real life pictures on the internet, maybe because the model is so new?

have you tried your local dealer?

1 1 0

3. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, yes and no. I asked but they wasn´t able to find any info.

The car is not a "sports-car" (van), perhaps VW will make it later.

0 0 0

4. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The S and SE trim come with normal tungsten rear bulbs, while the GT trim comes with "Cherry Red Rear Light clusters. The handbook implies these may be LED bulbs. So an inspection of an SV GT in your dealer's should confirm this for you.

Interestingly, when I ordered my SV SE, I could only choose the cheaper Bi-Xenon option (without dynamic curve lighting or LED DRLs as these were only listed for the GT models. But I also added the Lane Assist with Side Scan and Dynamic Light Assist option. When my car was delivered I then found that the latter option triggered the fitting of the Bi-Xenons with dynamic curve lighting and LED DRLs too!

My Golf SV SE.jpg

Chris
    3 Door Golf 4 GT TDI: 11/1998 - 3/2006. 3 Door Polo 4 Twist 1.2: 12/2003 - 4/2009. Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI: 3/2006 - 12/2011. Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG: 12/2011 - 2/2015.
    Golf SV SE 1.4SI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

1 1 0

5. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    CJE, the different models isn´t the same here in Norway.

My car is called Highline and I have many options.

0 0 0

6. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Erling, I hadn't spotted your location!

The UK SE and GT trims roughly equate to the European Confortline and Highline respectively, and the information I gave came from the VWUK's Price & Options brochure. Does the Norwegian equivalent give any help?

Chris
    3 Door Golf 4 GT TDI: 11/1998 - 3/2006. 3 Door Polo 4 Twist 1.2: 12/2003 - 4/2009. Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI: 3/2006 - 12/2011. Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG: 12/2011 - 2/2015.
    Golf SV SE 1.4SI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

1 1 0

7. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chris, I asked again today since VW in Norway says that all option available for the Golf also is possible for the SV.

But they are not able to get the lights, yet - as he said.

+

http://www.volkswagen.no/content/med...01-01-2015.pdf in case you need a good laugh Chris. The Norwegian SV pricelist.

0 0 0

8. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not so much a laugh as a gasp of horror! While I haven't been able to translate all the price list, it seems you have a more restricted range of engines to choose from (not my 1.4TSI for instance) and judging by the option list the standard cars have pretty restricted features. And that's with higher prices too!

Perhaps VWUK are as bad as we think

Chris

0 0 0

9. Re: LED rear lights on SV? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It´s basicly the same cars as in UK - but we pay a lot in taxes. More power and luxury means even more tax.

Most nordic cars has better heating etc., there is some import from Germany where it´s not sold as standard. But that is another discussion.

0 0 0