Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Who's on hexus.net and here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi VWAF members,

I was wondering are there peeps on here that use hexus.net? why I ask is I got banned for doing supposedly "Post count spamming" about 4 posts in a day. Currently my post count is about 20 over a 3 day ish period IIRC, you can see my post's via this Link:- HEXUS Community Discussion Forums and tell me if you think they were spam?

I emailed them via contact us email 2 days ago asking why my post's were considered spam and no reply yet, today again I contacted them asking for lift of ban.

Seems a bit heavy handed to me, what do others think of site? recently joined a few other online forums / communities and this is the first that has put a stop to me contributing.

Look forward to some opinions on the matter.

All the best
    Gup

0 0 0

2. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I am, never use the site though.... I have had a look at your posts and see nothing wrong at all, so why it would now say

Account suspended until 31 March - post count spamming

Is beyond me... even we ain't that harsh ...Lol

If you keep emailing they will ban you for that as well...Spam emailing
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

1 1 0

3. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use it every now and then. My post count is about 3. I suppose they have rules just like here eg. Post count to pm and access grinds gears thread. I haven't seen the rules or even looked for them.

1 0 0

4. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    I am, never use the site though.... I have had a look at your posts and see nothing wrong at all, so why it would now say

Account suspended until 31 March - post count spamming
    Cheers for looking ...

Is beyond me... even we ain't that harsh ...Lol
    I agree mate ... I got no warning or a PM by a mod or anything ...

I'm on Sapphire Graphics support forum , Overclock.net , TechPowerUP and various other forums and on none of them have I ever had this kind of punishment. I actually feel ashamed seeing the banned status by my login name ...

If you keep emailing they will ban you for that as well...Spam emailing
    First email was the day I got banned, no reply after 2 days so used a compliant form. TBH if they ban me or close my account for just asking why I think I'd rather not be on such a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabletski View Post
    I use it every now and then. My post count is about 3. I suppose they have rules just like here eg. Post count to pm and access grinds gears thread. I haven't seen the rules or even looked for them.
    Cheers for comment , I never PM'd any member or placed any content IMO which would infringe a rule. The only thing that crosses my mind is that they took a bit of banter the wrong way? Link:- Forum avatars... how? - Page 4

But 20 posts over 2-3days is no way spamming and on the day of banning I think I did 4 in total IIRC.

0 0 0

5. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I can't follow the link to see your posts, Gup. It looks like I need to be a signed-up member to do so, and from what you're describing I certainly don't intend to sign up on there!

I managed to find one post from you in the Welcome section - it seemed completely genuine to me.

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 1 0

6. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i have no idea what hexus is. is it another vw forum ?
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

7. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a tech forum, ideal for those who mess about with computers and gadgets...it also has a car section I saw, obviously not up to the standard here.

1 1 0

8. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    sounds a bit gay to me. i will stick to this forum.
    Last edited by zollaf; 27-03-2015 at 04:22 PM. Reason: can i say gay ?
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

3 6 0

9. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only if you're happy!

0 2 0

10. Re: Who's on hexus.net and here? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    I can't follow the link to see your posts, Gup. It looks like I need to be a signed-up member to do so, and from what you're describing I certainly don't intend to sign up on there!

I managed to find one post from you in the Welcome section - it seemed completely genuine to me.

MF.

Thanks for viewing and supportive comment Mark , hope your keeping well mate?

Yes to see posts via my profile page you need to be a member but a site search via google shows links to all my posts as well without being a member, Link:- Gup's post's on hexus

I agree welcome post and all others are genuine posts to contribute to forum or help someone.

Besides my little banter post (linked in post 4 near end) the only other thing that crosses my mind about them thinking I'd wanna do spam is this, view post 3 & 6 Link:- On HUK my share of a Scan deal

I registered on 19th March 12:20, I got banned on 24th March roughly around 16:00. Even when I reached 20 posts I never contacted Scan to link my Hexus account with my Scan purchasing account to get free delivery.

Biggest gripe I got is over a space of 5 days 20 posts is not spam IMO plus anyone can see the content of posts is not nonsensical information to gain free delivery with Scan.

I only use Scan at the most 2-3 times a year for purchases , most of the time I can get better deals elsewhere so free delivery was really not that high up on agenda, just branching out on net I guess! ...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast