1. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Covered my A6, wheels and Tyres with ALA for less than the dealer wanted for GAP insurance alone.

0 0 0

2. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wentwith ALA for my GAP Insurance (Return to Invoice plus), covered for the listprice of the car at £48.5k.
    The premium for ALA for 3 years was £226. If you go through Money.co.uk you canget a voucher code which discounted the price I paid to £211.
    I wanted the peace of mind and from my reading of the t&c's I couldn’t seesignificant difference from the Audi dealer offered one.
    Also took Audi complete for service, maintenance and tyres for 3 years (8kmiles a year) the cost of this was £33 per month on my vehicle.

=======================================

2015 MY A6 Avant 3.0 TDI (272) Quattro S-line stronic
    Tornado Grey
    Electric Memory Seats and folding mirrors
    Heated Rear Seats
    Lighting Pack
    =====================================

0 0 0

3. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lostscot View Post
    I wentwith ALA for my GAP Insurance (Return to Invoice plus), covered for the listprice of the car at £48.5k.The premium for ALA for 3 years was £226. If you go through Money.co.uk you canget a voucher code which discounted the price I paid to £211.I wanted the peace of mind and from my reading of the t&c's I couldn’t seesignificant difference from the Audi dealer offered one.Also took Audi complete for service, maintenance and tyres for 3 years (8kmiles a year) the cost of this was £33 per month on my vehicle.=======================================2015 MY A6 Avant 3.0 TDI (272) Quattro S-line stronicTornado GreyElectric Memory Seats and folding mirrorsHeated Rear SeatsLighting Pack=====================================
    How you enjoying your new car? Must be a real beauty

0 0 0

4. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The only issue you should check with ALA, while you still have a cooling off period is whether they have a clause that gives them the right to cancel/revoke the cover and refund you at any time (prior to a claim), because if they do have that clause and they decide to use it you would not be able to buy a similar GAP insurance once your vehicle is passed a certain age (can't remember the age but its not old)

When I looked at GAP insurance (vehicle replacement) Car2Cover were the only broker that used an underwriter that removed that clause.

0 0 0

5. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got GAP quotes online (approx £220), the dealership wanted (£500+). I showed them my quotes, and they matched their policy at the online rate. SO this shows me there are huge margins on the dealer policies. The Audi dealership used a company called Abraxas, which actually has a really poor record - suggest you research the reviews of the company actually providing the gap insurance prior to committing.

One story of a car written off where insurance company paid £10k for write-off, Abraxas valued the car at £15k, and the cost when new was £20k , so Abraxas paid out only £5k. (Room for another product of gap-gap-insurance?) The devil is in the detail of the small print that no one reads. But I guess the message here, is don't assume that because it is sold by Audi it is superior. Dealerships are free to sell you anything.

Picking up my new car on Monday, and I will sort out gap insurance online.

0 0 0

6. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfirefly View Post
    I got GAP quotes online (approx £220), the dealership wanted (£500+). I showed them my quotes, and they matched their policy at the online rate. SO this shows me there are huge margins on the dealer policies. The Audi dealership used a company called Abraxas, which actually has a really poor record - suggest you research the reviews of the company actually providing the gap insurance prior to committing.

One story of a car written off where insurance company paid £10k for write-off, Abraxas valued the car at £15k, and the cost when new was £20k , so Abraxas paid out only £5k. (Room for another product of gap-gap-insurance?) The devil is in the detail of the small print that no one reads. But I guess the message here, is don't assume that because it is sold by Audi it is superior. Dealerships are free to sell you anything.

Picking up my new car on Monday, and I will sort out gap insurance online.
    Gapinsurance123 offers Return to Invoice which is much better than simply making up the difference they also allow you to defer the first year when your insurance policy will usually be on a new for old basis. You can also transpire the unused portion to a new car if you change before the policy ends

The various insurance policies offered by the dealer are some of the highest margin items they sell hence they are keen to promote them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I pick up my new A6 BiTDI next week and want to find out what I should go for. Total price is ~£54k and I am going down a 3 year finance £10k deposit route. Also looking to get tyre and alloy cover as well.

0 0 0

8. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbean View Post
    The only issue you should check with ALA, while you still have a cooling off period is whether they have a clause that gives them the right to cancel/revoke the cover and refund you at any time (prior to a claim), because if they do have that clause and they decide to use it you would not be able to buy a similar GAP insurance once your vehicle is passed a certain age (can't remember the age but its not old)

When I looked at GAP insurance (vehicle replacement) Car2Cover were the only broker that used an underwriter that removed that clause.
    The only conditions under which ALA can cancel the policy are:
    a) Fraud;
    b) Non-payment of premium;
    c) Threatening and abusive behaviour;
    d) Non-compliance with policy terms and conditions.
    These sound like pretty standard terms of most insurance policies.
    My Daily: A6 C7 2.0 TDI SE, Phantom Black, Privacy Glass, Advanced Key, Colour DIS, DAB, 4 Zone Climate, Heated Seats, 4 Way Lumbar, Pre-sense Basic, Parking System Plus, Folding/heated Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Rear Side Airbags, AMI, Lighting Pack, Storage Pack.
    My Baby: 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm, Mystic Blue Heated Leather
    Performance figures measured by Stealth: 207.7 BHP | 197.3 lbs/ft |

0 0 0

9. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's not the whole truth - ALA can cancel for any "valid" reason.

ALA quote:
    "We shall not be bound to accept renewal of any insurance and may at any time cancel any insurance document by giving 14days notice in writing where there is a valid reason for doing so. A cancellation letter will be sent to You at Your last knownaddress."

... and then go on the provide the list you have quoted as examples of valid reasons - but also state that they are NOT limited to that list.

Perhaps that is good enough for you - for me, I am not sure.

0 0 0

10. Re: GAP Insurance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I always work on the assumption that insurance companies are a bunch of weasels who will do their best to wriggle out of anything they can.

And whoever said dealers make huge margins on the policies was right - the underwriter will make 10-15%, the broker another 5-10% and the dealer anything from 60% up.

If you feel the cover is for you (each to his own), you will get a much better deal buying away from the dealer.
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 1 0

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast