Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Everyone
    I have an Audi A3 Sportback with the standard audio system + MMI and would like to add a subwoofer to boost the lower frequencies and would have some questions related to this topic.

In the trunk on the left side, behind the side hatch, I found two unconnected cables, one with 6pins and a second one with 10pins. Any ideas for what purpose these are? and if they have anything to do with the stereo? And if so, could they be used to add a subwoofer somehow?

If these cables I guess I will need to add some wiring, which brings me to my next question, where to grab the sound? The power I guess goes directly to the battery (with its own fusebox) but what would be the best way to grab the audio signal? I was looking at an small sized stealth woofer, like the Focal ibus 20, which has both high level input & RCA inputs. Any suggestions how to connect it?

I greatly appreciate any help regarding these questions, seems a bit tricky to find such information on google related to the 8V. Thank you!
    Best regards
    Richard

0 0 0

2. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mate did you get anywhere with this as i'm looking to do the same, i spoke to Audi and they told me there was a Sub that fits in to the spare wheel well in the boot on a three pin connector, ive looked in the left hand compartment but cant see any loose cables.
    Cheers Rich

0 0 0

3. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just so you can see it - This is the Sub in my car with a TWO cable (and probably pin) connector

IMAG1497.jpg
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

1 1 0

4. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi James that's helpful thanks, any chance of looking at the other end of the plug see how the looks and where it plugs in, is there a amp in there??
    cheers Rich

0 0 0

5. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry for the delay - I pulled a few panels (and got a cut had in the process) and the cable feeds back in to the bodywork and, I think, back to the front of the car somewhere - there isn't an amp in sight.

The Sub, however, may be powered by the two cables - the two cables may not just be for sound. But then again, I'm no audio expert...
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

1 1 0

6. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also looking to get this done to my A3, I've got the default Audi 8 speaker system but would like to upgrade it to the 10 speaker system at least. I'll do some digging around on the weekend (only had the car a week) to see if I can work it out with what's said here already.

2013 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S Line S-Tronic Quattro (184PS)

0 0 0

7. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Don't forget that the 10th speaker sits on the dashboard which may pose a logistical problem

0 0 0

8. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's true... also the 10 speaker system apparently has a different amp to power all the speakers.. so that might be a problem too!

2013 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S Line S-Tronic Quattro (184PS)

0 0 0

9. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Might be worth just upgrading the speakers?

0 0 0

10. Re: Adding subwoofer to A3 Sportback 8V? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about your hand James and thanks for looking, I've had another dig around in the boot over the weekend but still can't find a spare cable, I also don't have the option to control a sub in the sound menu but I guess that can be enabled with Vagcom, I spoke to Audi and their systems shows The sub and plug as extras so I'm hoping I just haven't found where to plug it in yet any more help would be appreciated
    Rich

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast