Hi, I am after a bit of advice. I am no mechanic so please use simple terms I can understand. I have had my shuttle since 6months old and 1000 miles on the clock. It now has 54,000 mainly motorway miles of 2 to 300 miles round trips. At about 25 - 30000 miles started to get limp mode at just over seventy about 2,200 revs. I have have to endure long trips keeping to seventy. If I overtook a lorry at 65 I had to do it very gradually not to exceed seventy or accelerate to much or it would cut into limp mode. My friend is a vw mechanic and says he will take off the turbo and de-gunk it as the variable vanes are probably stuck up. When this is taken off does the manifold need to come off as well? Only when I start up I get a slight smell of exhaust fumes in the cab. I have seen these crack on the welds, could this be part of the problem and can they be welded or will it need new? When diagnosed it says turbo over boost. Also starting to get a squeal as I change up through the gears. Hope its not a new/recon turbo.
thanks in advance