1. Shudder? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all, I am new to the sight and welcome your help.

I have a 61 plate Mk6 2.0 tdi Match I purchased it from the auctions with 21000 miles just past its 3 yr warranty in Dec 2014.

I have driven it for approx. 2000 miles now, it has been wonderful and well behaved till now.

Yesterday I noticed a slight miss fire the engine shuddered like I have turned the ignition key off and on. it only happened a few times. didn't think to much about it, at the same time the fuel light just popped on.

This morning I drove the car to the fuel garage (Shell) approx. 5 miles away, On the way the car occasionally shuddered, off and on when accelerating and cold. The Fuel went down a fair bit from 40 mile range to 20 mile range. The fuel needle was halfway through the Red.

I filled the tank up to the top, I squeezed in 52ltrs

I decided to go for a drive through in the country to see if this shuddering was related to low fuel (it hasn't done it before) It shuddered some more time after leaving the garage and a accelerating on to the motorway, once on cruise control the car was fine, for a couple of occasions where I had to accelerate the car sometimes had a little shudder. on some occasions fairy violent.

After a round trip of 130 miles the car had a bad shudder on the motorway and the flashing coil light came on and I had reduced power. I got home turned the car off and waited a few mins and turned it back on. The flashing coil light didn't come back on. No warning lights.

I suspect crappy fuel from the last fill up or maybe a dodgy throttle valve??

I welcome your input/advice on the matter.

Thanks Pete

0 0 0

2. Re: Shudder? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    since you had a flashing coil light indicating a malfunction there will hopefully be a code stored in the fault memory.........normal procedure would be to have a diagnostic scan to retrieve any fault codes and proceed from there.

1 1 0

3. Re: Shudder? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum Pete.

As suggested you need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

As this is your first post can I suggest you add your car spec to your signature as all regular users do?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

4. Re: Shudder? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've found they do seem sensitive to crap fuel, mine runs quite bad on supermarket compared to Shell etc. Also I sometimes find I need to turn the key to accessory mode first when starting up and wait a second or two for the glow plug light to go out.

0 0 0