1. Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When driving my new Golf at night I am constantly getting flashed by people who think my headlights are on full beam. They do seem very bright but unlike my old Golf there is no way to manually adjust them from inside the car. Any suggestions or is this normal with these Xenon headlights, its the first car I've had with them on. Is it easy to adjust them or does it need the VW dealer to sort it.

Cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had, until a few weeks ago, an Espace with Xenon lights. They are very good, but they are too bright. The Espace automatically reset the levels, but they still seemed to dazzle everyone. I've just got a gti and have gone back to normal lights.
    Main beam on Xenon and amazing though.

0 0 0

3. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Took it to VW to check but they said the lights are set up ok. The lights seem very bright to me though, so will just have to get used to it. Don't think I'll bother with Xenons next time - they are brilliant for lighting up the road but seem to p*** other drivers off.

0 0 0

4. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I know how you feel i get flashed all the time.

I just flash back and wave.
    Just another B7 Estate

0 0 0

5. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now I know there set up right think I'll probably do the same.

0 0 0

6. Cool Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    macc70 Guest
    I have just changed cars and I am constantly being dazzled. Previously I had put the dazzling down to an old windscreen covered in tiny scratches distorting the light from oncoming cars.
    Too many drivers are using these bulbs and causing serious visibility problems to others
    The blue tint on some of the newer cars headlight beams seem to help the dazzling problem for me at least
    Do we really need to replace the original bulbs?
    Do these bulbs comply with MOT regulations?

0 0 0

7. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that as the human eye has a slight problem focusing strong blue light, the bluer the light the more 'dazzling' it appears.

The solution would seem to be a warmer 'yellower' HID colour.

Maybe something closer to the 4000k mark.

0 0 0

8. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to have a Ford Focus ST2 with Xenon headlights and used to get flashed all the time. I had them checked out by Ford, who said that they were ok.
    The service manager said that if I was driving on very uneven/bumpy roads, the auto leveling may be trying to re-level the lights. He said that if that was happening it would look loke I am flashing my lights to other motorists. He also said that it was one of the quirks with xenons. I don't know of the VW Xenons works the same as the ones on Fords. I hope this helps.

0 0 0

9. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's nothing wrong with having Xenon headlights, they're brilliant if and when I change my car (approx 3 years) I'll specify them again, in fact I'm even thinking about putting in an upgraded set of bulbs for high beam (Philips), just to cheese off anyone who wants a headlight fight!

0 0 0

10. Re: Xenon Headlights dazzling everyone 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza_G View Post
    There's nothing wrong with having Xenon headlights, they're brilliant if and when I change my car (approx 3 years) I'll specify them again, in fact I'm even thinking about putting in an upgraded set of bulbs for high beam (Philips), just to cheese off anyone who wants a headlight fight!
    perhaps we should sit certain people, such as yourself, in a car faced with an oncoming car, fitted with HID's. i'm assuming you've not had to put up with the dazzle issue they present, especially at night, when your night vision becomes unsettled as a result.

this is being discussed in another thread and i don't think im alone when i say HID's ought not to be fitted to cars. good quality Halogen lights function properly, safely and light up the road. HID's are little more than a pain in the rear end IMHO.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast