Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I have done a huge number of these balancer shafts on all the different VAG cars that use it and of all those that have come in with no oil pressure, every single one has been for a slipping hex key. The Passat in my previous pictures was passed onto me by a garage near us as they felt out of their depth and even though the tensioner had snapped, the chain was still driving and it had oil pressure but when we checked, the key was heavily worn as shown in the accompanying picture. Audi do not suggest or recommend a spur gear only conversion to replace the chain with their listed spur gear drive for the later 2006> engines. Indeed, when you select the chain or crank sprocket, the parts system ETKA instructs you to to convert to the spur gear drive system with matching balancer module 03G 103 295 AL. Yes you can bodge it and use 03G 103 305 C, 03L 198 488 and 03G 105 212 D (plus many other small parts), but why would you spend £400 on parts and a day or more labour to leave a potentiality worn secondary balancer shaft and drive key still in there? You could spend another £200 on parts and replace the oil pump and shaft but you still have the worn drive hole of the balancer. To do such a bodge for a customer would be professionally suicidal!

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 2 0

2. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Did you ever try to fit 1.9tdi oil pump? I know it's possible as someone i know had it done.

0 0 0

3. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys
    New to the forum but age old problem - I have a 2005 Audi A4 2.0 TDI BLB engine with lovely rattle!
    Having spent a bit of time reading through the various threads on this I am considering either cutting my loses or risking a upgrade but not using the VAG kit. As Crasher has mentioned, the cost £2k+ stretches my resources for a car not valued at much more. Also just spent £400 on new EGR.
    So, my question is has anyone installed a regenerated kit(upgraded from chain to gears with new hex shaft) from the one of the after market guys. There are at least three companies offering these kits so it appears there is a healthy demand?
    Any advice /comments appreciated
    Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Give these guys a bell, they are nice and will take time to talk to you. They won't rob you either

Powermax Engineering, Engine rebuilds and tuning, Engine parts, Performance products, Cookstown, Northern Ireland

1 0 0

5. Re: common fault for 2.0tdi engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, you're right very helpful

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12