1. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't need to replace the window motor but im pretty sure the lock takes power from the motor. There's a guide on here somewhere for testing the motor and also bypassing it to test the locking mechanism. I'll see if I can find it.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, will have a look around too. Will post in this thread if i find it.

Quote Originally Posted by m50yre View Post
    I didn't need to replace the window motor but im pretty sure the lock takes power from the motor. There's a guide on here somewhere for testing the motor and also bypassing it to test the locking mechanism. I'll see if I can find it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm having this problem as well the rear passenger door won't unlock and the window also won't roll down. However, the window will roll down using the driver controls. Can anyone offer me some advice? Also how do you go about getting the bottom torq screws out of the door panel without the door being open?

thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John94 View Post
    Hi, I'm having this problem as well the rear passenger door won't unlock and the window also won't roll down. However, the window will roll down using the driver controls. Can anyone offer me some advice? Also how do you go about getting the bottom torq screws out of the door panel without the door being open?

thanks.
    Need a long screwdriver with torx bit end. Open the other door and estimate where the two screws are located, from there you have two use the screwdriver and try to wedge it between the door and door sill to feel for the torx screw. You might be able to get the door card removed, but problem after this is if the door lock is still jammed. There are star screws only accessible when the door is open.

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, sorry to hijack this old post but I'm having the dreaded read door lock issue. I've tried most of the quick fixes but it is still locked and can't be opened inside or out. I'm at the stage where the door card is off and the access panel removed you said you drilled a hole to manually open the lock?

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The solution I did was trade off the Golf for a Corolla. :-P

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. I managed to hit the the catch with a large screwdriver from the inside until it released. Got a new pattern part eBay one en route.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard that for those who can't open a door lock that the advice in this youtube video will work...

How to open a VW door that won't open from inside OR outside - YouTube

Goto 2:44 & watch the whole of the remaining video from there....

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Mk4 rear door won't unlock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem on my 03 MK4 Golf, the rear passenger side door does not unlock with the key, with the fob, with the inside handle or the outside handle but the window still opens. Previous replies have left me confused, do I need to replace the control unit (including the window mechanism) or the door lock? No amount of bashing, poking or threatening has made any difference. Is the door dead-locked for some reason? If so, is there some way to release the dead-lock?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast