1. Car History 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Just a bit of fun really but what is your car history?

Here is mine....

First at 18 years old was a T reg ford fiesta. Was a 1.3 litre car and had the wrong number plates on for a whole year! (it had private plates on at the dealers and they changed it for standard plates but got a V and U mixed up! Only got noticed when I tried to tax it! Ended up getting torched as I left it parked in the local town overnight! The bloke didn't even steal it, just stole the stereo and set fire to it - and then stood 100m away from it trying to sell the stereo!

Next was a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SXi. I loved this car as it was my first real car. Had to change it due to a long commute and it not being comfortable for a 4 hour drive but it lasted about 4 years. I did plenty of mods to it, I changed the LEDs behind the dials, added adaptive xenons, headlight washers, self levelling system, full VXR bodykit, 18" alloys, rear view camera, Satnav, video input to the OEM screen and probably some other bits.

Next up was my Vauxhall Insignia 2.0l diesel Elite. I picked all the options on this one and bought it due to having a long commute each weekend. Loved it but had far too many problems with it so sold it as soon as it was possible.

Finally is the A7. 3.0 litre S-Line. Bought this as a treat following my third tour in Afghanistan. Again picked pretty much every option and can't ever see me getting rid of this one!

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 1 0

2. Re: Car History.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 1st car was a Morris Oxford cost £18.00 next was a Hillman Imp, then an Avenger. I went downhill from there, sadly there were no camera phones in those days

1 0 0

3. Re: Car History 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    My first vehicle was a Ford 100E van that I drove round the farm, from about 13 years old. When I started driving on the road, I had a Ford Consul mark 2, then a Ford 107E Prefect (100E body, with a 105E engine & gearbox, only made for a couple of years). Then an Austin A35 van, a 1969 VW1300 Beetle, an ex post office Morris 1000 van, a Ford Cortina mark 2, a 1966 Mini (fitted with an MG 1300 engine and gearbox, with an appropriate diff). I loose track at that point, but I remember a 1200 Beetle and a VW 1600 type 3 variant around the early eighties.

With regard to the number plate issue, I remember that the garage I worked at sold two new Ford Anglia's with consecutive plates, somehow they went out with the wrong rear plates, and this was not spotted till the first service. (I have just given my age away, talking about Ford Anglia's.)

0 0 0

4. Re: What's the average age of an A6/A7 driver? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    1991 - Citroen AX GT 1.4 (brand spanker J reg!)
    1995 - Rover 418 SD 1.8 Turbo (again, brand spanker M reg)
    1999 - Mazda 626 GXi 2.0 Intrigue (you got it, brand new T reg)
    2003 - Mazda 6 TS2 2.0 ( theme going on here, brand new 53 reg)
    2010 - BMW 525d SE Auto ( Starting to see sense and bought used 2 year old 58 reg, I knew the previous owner & history of the car)
    2013 - Audi A7 quattro SLine 3.0TDI 245 (Approved used, 6 month old 13 reg)

The insurance for the AXGT (23 years ago) was 4 times what i'm paying today for the A7!,,
    Btw, i'm now 45.
    A7 55 TFSI S-Line 2018

0 0 0

5. Re: What's the average age of an A6/A7 driver? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    My latest Audi turned a year old today, so thought it relevant to add a bit of history as I've owned Audis back-to-back over the past 19 years and don't really look beyond the VAG stable

1994 - 2013 8 Audis

It's hard for me not to believe I'll be owning Audi Avants in the years to come, but as I get older I can see their market is changing, as are the dealers and salesmen. Maybe it's time to start viewing cars as a commodity now that nothing feels as "special" anymore. I can see me owning a hybrid at 50. I've been driving diesels since 2000, and this week was what I think was my first experience of a DPF regeneration, but was possibly the start/stop system being indecisive in the cold, and with delicate brake pressure. Apart from the A4 which had the glow plugs replaced they've all been fine and I'ye yet to see a DPF light come on, so perhaps I should live with "reliable if not exceptional". Isn't that what they used to say about M&S...
    Last edited by Splash; 08-12-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: detail removed as post moved inappropriately

0 0 0

6. Re: What's the average age of an A6/A7 driver? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Ooooops, wrong thread!
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

7. Re: What's the average age of an A6/A7 driver? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Ooooops, wrong thread!
    No. Gave my age, and this isn't my complete history, so could one of the mods please either move it to the C7 section where I normally lurk or delete my previous post. Thanks.

0 0 0

8. Re: What's the average age of an A6/A7 driver? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    No. Gave my age, and this isn't my complete history, so could one of the mods please either move it to the C7 section where I normally lurk or delete my previous post. Thanks.
    I posted something wrong here! Meant it for the other thread but think a mod has been moving stuff so it didn't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: What's the average age of an A6/A7 driver? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    I posted something wrong here! Meant it for the other thread but think a mod has been moving stuff so it didn't make sense.

Threads don't have to be perfect, especially ones that are just a bit of fun. Not like some important technical know how is going to be lost. Maybe slightly less zealous moderation would be appreciated all round.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

10. Re: What's the average age of an A6/A7 driver? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield313 View Post
    Threads don't have to be perfect, especially ones that are just a bit of fun. Not like some important technical know how is going to be lost. Maybe slightly less zealous moderation would be appreciated all round.
    What's your car history then mate? Is it you that's had the F430 and some other nice motors or is that Chesterfield?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast