Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I like it!

Been looking for the new log though Mr Zollaf, is it a Christmas one??

Audi A5 3.0L quattro Convertible
    2010 in Ibis White with lots of toys!

1 1 0

2. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    lol, well spotted.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Thanks for your comments... Change does take getting used too, but the old scheme will not work with the newer software and the designer no longer supports it....

The logo may be "work in progress" and may change

I have merged this thread with the other about the site changes, just to keep it all in one place
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

1 1 0

4. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i have just noticed that when i get a notification, either a thank or like, or a pm, there is no longer a big red banner with 'notification' to alert you to the fact i have a notification. instead it just has a number next to it, which isn't very exciting.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the site is subtly better, everything passes everything changes. (except the wife)

1 2 0

6. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah "New reply" button is very tetchy, really need to concentrate to get it to work

Obviously I was used to the "old scheme" and it worked quite well I thought change is inevitable though and usually there's a reason for it.

I'm sure over time we'll all get used to the new layout etc, it is cleaner and more up to date looking, but personally, I think it needs a little colour here n there.
    Life can be dull, drab, grey on a daily basis and I think it may be a little depressing after a short period of time.

Hopefully issues can be resolved soon and maybe add a little colour.....all good

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

7. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Until I can replicate the "new reply" issue, which so far works fine for me I can't fix anything....

It works as it should for me, single click anywhere it opens the "quick reply" box "double click" opens the full editor, exactly the same as before..
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 2 0

8. Re: New Site - Comments & Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    OK, so far this morning I have tested the "new reply" button using my Window 7 64bit Notebook with

Chrome
    Firefox
    Opera
    Safari

All work OK for me, i.e single press anywhere on the button opens the "quick reply" box, a double click opens the full editor.

IE11

IE11 does and always will have issues with this version of vBulletin software, just type IE11 and vBulletin 4 issues in Google, it is known... maybe the full update will solve this when it is done... so far I have noticed "hit and miss" when typing, i.e letters missing...

In the meantime I am now using IE11 in " compatibility mode" and it seems to be working fine...

To do this,

Go to settings at the top rights and select the "cogged wheel"

Select "compatibility view settings"

"vwaudiforum.co.uk" should be in the "Add this website" box, if not type it in...

Then click "Add" The site should then show In the lower box..

you will then need to refresh the page...

So far this seems to work on my notebook, I can post, use the return key, using the mouse to highlight text to copy... and the new reply key...

Note: If you have the browser set to delete history and cookies when you close the browser you will need to do this each time.

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

1 0 0

9. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In case it helps; I am also experiencing the same issue with the "new reply" button as described by others. I am using Windows 7 64bit with a 23" screen - I have the problem with Chrome and IE11. I have used Chrome's "Inspect element" feature and it clearly shows that the hyperlink should be working for the entire size of the "new reply" button image, yet in practise the hyperlink is only working for a very small strip at the top of the button image...very strange.

zollaf; have you changed anything that the button is now working for you?
    Previous: 2005 A3 1.9tdi SE
    2009 Audi A3 2.0tdi 138bhp SE

1 0 0

10. Re: New layout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I am using Chrome, but I can click anywhere on the button... very strange
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

0 0 0

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast