1. Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Posted this in the smell of potatoes thread but my digging lol has lead me to to a leak coming in from somewhere under the driver side window wiper.

With the carpet back and some paneling out I used the garden hose on shower over the windshield which lead to water streaming in somewhere just above the throttle.

Unfortunately I'm away for a few days now so I can't get striping the wiper arm and motor to get access to see exactly where its getting in.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by TheFixer; 11-11-2014 at 11:28 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Away in the car?

If you have it with you just ensure that the there's some sheeting applied to cover the drain below the drivers side wiper to stop any more entering when parked if it rains.

It driving at about 35 MPH+ should ensure that most of the rain's removed by the wipers/wind to screen.
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

1 0 0

3. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Some pics of where this waters getting in.
    The red line below is where I was spraying water. Blue arrow is the stuff in the way of me getting a good look

Blue arrow is pointing up to where its coming in. Haven't been able to see exactly but when I put my hand up there the foam is wet and the bodywork behind damp.

Is there another drain there?
    Can someone provide a detail manual image of the area?

I'll need to strip the wiper arm/motor etc to get in there I think so any help on that regard would be appreciated

0 0 0

4. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    If memory serve me correct the area inside you've photographed is close to or is where the wiring loom enter/exit body.

Perhaps seal around loom or the plenum chamber electric box is not meeting chassis correctly, only ideas but not sure.

1 0 0

5. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers gup.

Pity I've to wait to get ripping. Hopefully its an easy fix

0 0 0

6. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I get water filling up the plenum chamber that side and just below your blue arrow (or I did 'til I dug a pile of leaves out a couple of days ago and pushed a screwdriver through the rubber bung)
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

1 0 0

7. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm usually good at keeping leaves etc out and there were little or none this time.
    I think the bung you mean is missing on mine as there's a hole about 1" diameter there and I can see the ground through it.
    Gup might be on the right track with the loom entering the cabin there....

1 0 0

8. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So I went at this today.

I removed the wiper arm/motor then the box housing the fuse and connection for the battery supply.
    With this out you can see directly into the cabin.

In the first pic you can see dampness where the blue line is,entry point no doubt. Honestly I couldn't see anything obvious as to why it got in there. Red arrow shows roughly where the drain from drivers wiper is.
    Should there be a drain line there or is it just flowing down the frame and out the normal drains?

With everything away I cleaned and sealed around the opening (green) see pic below before putting it all back. The blue is where the dampness is again from earlier pic. The red is the general rubbish from the area.

Rain forecast overnight so here's hoping

0 0 0

9. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Did you notice any warping of the plenum chamber box? Chilledgibbo mentioned his had done this in the thread I started.

I did look in EPC to see if there's a seal which might go between the box and chassis and not showing one perhaps integrated/sold with the box?

The box is £20, does it have a seal between chassis and itself? sorry never removed mine, considering all the bits I have removed! LOL

1 0 0

10. Re: Wet floor drivers foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No warping of the box. There was a crack around one of the screws holding the top of the box on but this was at the front side not near any water ingress.

There is a seal between the top and bottom half of the box and also the box and chassis.

Neither of these looked bad but I've sealed all of it anyway.

Was thinking of replacing the box at at £20 I may do in due course

1 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast