1. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yep 100% sure. The video with the white car has the old lights and the dynamic indicator box fitted. The black car has the new lights (one of each to start)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 0 0

2. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    Yep 100% sure. The video with the white car has the old lights and the dynamic indicator box fitted. The black car has the new lights (one of each to start)
    Wonder if it's just my eyes being funny, or if the magic box somehow has a way of controlling each LED individually rather than just the two halves?
    Either way, it's impressive whilst only costing a quarter of what the actual facelift rear lights would cost .

0 0 0

3. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I've had a look in slow mo and to me it just looks like the two halves coming on - most of the time. There is the odd bits where it seems to sweep them but think that's just by chance. Will see when mine turn up hopefully next week!

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: Facelift tail lights available.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey M1tchy

If you'll excuse the hijack . . . . was looking over at the website in your original post and it seems they have a solution for the traffic sign recognition see this link, don't know if you'd seen it, if not have a look, I'm thinking this would be the easier route for our now long running quest to activate traffic sign recognition. Now that i think about it, it does suggest the solution definitely is within reach but just slightly veiled from us around the next corner. If it is legitimate at £145 vs £250 for the factory option it seems favourable . . . . what do you think?

0 0 0

5. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    It looks good to me, seems like it updates the software and then the car will take the coding that we know already. Just wonder if it will put the data on the HUD as it would from factory? Good find, may try it after xmas when I have a bit of cash

0 0 0

6. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have used it and it works, and as long as you program the HUD it will display road signs.

Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    It looks good to me, seems like it updates the software and then the car will take the coding that we know already. Just wonder if it will put the data on the HUD as it would from factory? Good find, may try it after xmas when I have a bit of cash

MY2014 S7, Phantom Black, 21" rims, Heads up display, Front and rear camera, TV, BOSE, Lane Assist, Side Assist, Adaptive Cruise, Traffic Sign Recognition, DVD changer, Audi LED logos, Lighting pack, MMI touch with Audi connect, lots of others I can't think of but I know they are there.

0 0 0

7. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Interesting! I've just sent you a PM mate

0 0 0

8. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Well my adapters arrived yesterday but was in bed all day with a xmas party hangover!

Tried fitting today but couldn't figure it out, I've been sorting it out with the manufacturer all day and they have just sent me the answer. Will try again tomorrow and post a how to and some short videos.

0 0 0

9. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Well I managed to get them fitted today and they look great. Here is a "how to guide" and a short video.

Firstly you need to open the boot and on the inside of the light you will see a bit of black plastic. pull it from the rear of the car and rotate it towards the boot and it will come off.

Then you will see two Hex bolts, undo them and then pull the light from the inside of the car towards the outside. Then disconnect the cable.

You will then have a connector like this.

You need to take it apart. To do this push the small pin shown above and then the connector will just drop out of the bottom.

You will then have a connector like this...

You then need to remove the pins and place them in the adapter provided in the kit. To do this just push the metal retainer shown below and pull the pin out.

You will then have a pin that looks like this...

To save getting them in the wrong order I placed them straight into the adapter as I removed them. Pin 1 goes into pin 1 in the adapter. 2 to 2 etc etc.

Once they are all in you should have something like this...

Then thats it. Connect supplied module between your new adapter and your headlight and you're done.

And here is a short video showing the effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxb4i0p3wnU

I bought the modules from cetecarcoding.de the site is in german but if you click on the Union flag at the bottom it translates into english. Delivery was quick and plenty of good communication from Ferdi (the owner) as and when I needed it.

2 0 0

10. Re: Facelift tail lights available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi M1tchy.

Ive been watching the thread with interest so thanks for posting the how to guide.

I have one question if I may, does the mod involve removing all the tail lights (inner and outer) or is it just one pair?

I was also considering purchasing the revised tail lights and installing, however some email exchanges with BKS Tuning (German) indicate that adaptors are required as well as coding (I think we were aware of that) however he emphasised that there were no adaptors or coding yet for UK RHD cars.

I can't see any obvious problem, as the facelift lights have reversing and fog lights on left and right sides, which is the usual difference between UK and Europe. Anyone any ideas?

Cheers,
    John.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast