Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just been sent a message via VW's track my order - 'your car is being built'. Arrives in four weeks at my dealer

0 0 0

2. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just taken delivery of my new Passat SE Business. Very smooth and comfortable motor. Previously had A4 TDie and Passat is much nicer to drive but will have to wait to see if it delivers claimed super mpg - the Audi definitely didn't!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Update from VW... my GT has 'left the building' and is in transit

0 1 0

4. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I guess our models differ slightly in spec over here in Ireland compared to the ones in the UK.
    I know my previus Octavia vRS's differed anyway.
    But after owning 3 vRS Octavia's I need a change of scenery so ordered a new Passat B8.

150bhp
    Highline spec > I am assuming this is similar to the SE with you?

Added Business Edition.> This gives 8" Discover pro headunit and LED Headlamps.

Added sports pack . > this gives Nappa Leather and 18" wheels.

So,
    White
    St,Tropez Nappa Leather
    18" Dartfort alloys.
    8" Headunit
    LED Headlamps.

I drove the test model 3 times to be certain this is what I wanted to go for and was dead pleased with the ride quality.
    Though it only had 17" alloys, I don't think 18's will make it any worse really, would they?

What sold it for me was how quiet it was compared to my current vRS, This has only 13k Kms on it and it would blow your ears off at motorway speed ( 120 kph )
    The Passat was much much quieter ate 145 kph on motorway than the vrs on the same road would be at 80 kph.

Now the long wait until August 8th. My change date.

OH
    One thing.
    My current car as any Octavia vRS owner will know about is the windscreen fogging issue. Absolutely annoying.

I am wondering if the Passat would suffer from this and should I alter my order to include heated windscreen?

0 0 0

5. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    At last the order has been placed with our local fleet supplier. I wanted a 2.0 tdi SE estate with DSG in Night Blue with heated screen and seats but the move to auto box is a first for my company's fleet manager (I broke the mould by going straight to see the CEO and tellling him the traffic was killing my left knee thanks to the heavy clutch and I would appreciate auto next time... and soon, please!)

The fleet manager wasn't very happy at being over-ridden by the CEO so he has been dragging his heels. When the time came for ordering I got knocked back on the heated bits and the metallic paint. OK, I thought, as long as it's the DSG in SE trim I don't mind. When the purchasing manager got involved he told me I could wait three months for my choice of plain grey to be manufactured or have one that's due into the UK by end of April and is a 2.0 tdi SE estate with DSG and.... iridium grey metallic!

Last time round they ignored my colour choice and delivered a black B7 and you do see a lot of black B7 estates on the road, which leads me to think that manufacturers like VW will make a big batch in one colour then spread them around the dealers just to get stock into the showrooms before orders begin to come in; selling the "standard" colour batch of cars at a discount. We got £3,500 discount off this one, which rather confirms my belief. So am I right? Will I see legions of Iridium grey Passats on the road in the next year or two?

Anyway I can't wait. I don't think I've ever looked forward so much to new car time.

0 1 0

6. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spoke with the dealer today.
    Build week 28 confirmed.
    If any updates are coming for MY16 then I should be covered for them.
    My colllection is dated for week 31 so cutting it a bit tight.

0 0 0

7. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    2 1/2 weeks until my GT saloon handover. Washed, polished and vacuumed my old B6 for the last time - It's been a great car. Almost got sentimental over it

0 1 0

8. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Phew, the B7 was a big improvement on the B6 so you're going to LOVE going straight to a B8!

Has anybody noticed how many B6 Passats are finding their way into the minicab market? I don't know whether to be happy or unhappy about that; I keep telling myself it's a sign of a good, reliable car. The rear legroom in the B8 is massive so they should prove very popular in ten years or so.

0 1 0

9. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenR View Post
    Phew, the B7 was a big improvement on the B6 so you're going to LOVE going straight to a B8!

Has anybody noticed how many B6 Passats are finding their way into the minicab market? I don't know whether to be happy or unhappy about that; I keep telling myself it's a sign of a good, reliable car. The rear legroom in the B8 is massive so they should prove very popular in ten years or so.
    Yes, very lucky that I'm getting a B8 from a B6. My wife has a B7 and I get to drive it at weekends and found that quite a jump

Update... VW text update says that my car has arrived in the UK!

0 1 0

10. Re: Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    (Not sure if this is the correct section)
    I am going to order a Passat Estate GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG. Extras Nappa Leather and a few others to include Tyre pressure monitoring system.
    Does anyone know about the lighting for continental driving. Will I just need to stick bits on the headlights (as with my B6) or is there a more sophisticated system?
    Is it worth upgrading to the Discover Pro DVD nav/radio system?
    Thanks,
    Mike

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast