Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys

i know it's probably been done to death but I have just done a trip from North west to London which covered 218 miles and the car has just returned 61.8mpg with cruise set at 70

its a manual and done just over 900 miles and it seems very very good on fuel at the moment

I had seen some low figures on here but so far mine has been excellent although cold weather and a heavier right foot may affect that over the coming months
    Last edited by whitter45; 19-10-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Title

1 1 0

2. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! I have done 3000 miles now and never achieved over 46mpg however I drive.

I am normally only in the car with my wife/kids/buggy/general crap though so guess the additional weight would make a fair difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitter45 View Post
    Hi guys

i know it's probably been done to death but I have just done a trip from North west to London which covered 218 miles and the car has just returned 61.8mpg with cruise set at 70

its a manual and done just over 900 miles and it seems very very good on fuel at the moment

I had seen some low figures on here but so far mine has been excellent although cold weather and a heavier right foot may affect that over the coming months
    By comparison my non-Ultra 2.0 Avant (25k miles) doing Surrey-Manchester and back in a day (440 miles with 3 passengers and a car full of student stuff on the way up and 2 passengers on the way back), no CC except in the average speed regulated contraflow on the M6, acheived 46.7mpg but that included sitting in a fair bit of traffic in Manchester. Because of the way the cruise control maintains the cars speed you would probably find that you could beat your mpg by not using it. Still 60+ is impressive for what is anyone's book a large and heavy car

0 0 0

4. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Must be a good week for high MPG 'cos I drove 100 miles yesterday from Bracknell up the M40 in busy conditions (so not much cruise and speeds between 60 and 'normal' motorway speeds) and saw 51.3 MPG. Best I've seen in the BiTdi. Just me in the car and a few full on acceleration bursts so pretty decent.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

1 0 0

6. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On a round trip to Stoke this week from Warrington I managed to squeeze 47 mpg out of the bitdi, since then I have struggled to see more than 33

0 0 0

7. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I can only get 500 miles on a tankfull before I fill up with 50 miles reserve showing,2.0 diseal auto ultra model 800 miles old car.
    Disappointed,my driving is town only and a tankfull costs about £85 and drive is set to auto.My old BMW was 400 to a tankfull so
    i have not gained much with new technology car?Am I doing something wrong,I hardly have to drive on motorways but I was hoping
    I would get 600 miles toa tankfull.
    Roy?

0 0 0

8. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    These cars will always do best on motorways, if your doing mainly town work you've got the wrong car if you want good mileage. Sorry.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

9. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roydoshi View Post
    I can only get 500 miles on a tankfull before I fill up with 50 miles reserve showing,2.0 diseal auto ultra model 800 miles old car.
    Disappointed,my driving is town only and a tankfull costs about £85 and drive is set to auto.My old BMW was 400 to a tankfull so
    i have not gained much with new technology car?Am I doing something wrong,I hardly have to drive on motorways but I was hoping
    I would get 600 miles toa tankfull.
    Roy?
    For town driving I would say that is really good. And no improvement?! 25% improvement over your bmw sounds pretty significant to me.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

10. Re: Ultra economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Whitter that's impressive, what time did you do the drive and was it just you?

Have found driving at silly-o'clock always gives me the best economy.

Have you done a brim-to-brim MPG check as yet?

Do modern diesels not behave like those of yore when you'd need 50k miles on an engine to get the best from it?
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast