Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iany View Post
    and it seems to have worked... so far so good, locked and unlocked and opened about 15 times...

did notice a yellow switch under the rubber cover near the door latch securing bolts, when turned it seems to put the lock "on" , gave that a few turns on then unlocked too to see if that helped to free things a bit...

Yes, I can confirm the yellow switch does move the lock my mechanical means between open and shut. The problem is actually on the electrical side of the lock though so it wont contribute to fixing the problem. When hitting the door it must move the motor contacts thereby reestablishing the connection. It would be interesting to see if the mallet fix works on your car long term. IF you do end up having to take the lock to bits let me know because I can give a few extra tips on disassembling and reassembling the lock which is a bit fiddly.

0 0 0

2. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just read the manual, apparently that it for the car to be locked manually in the event of the remote failing, makes sense i suppose, did wonder what it was!!

I'll see how i go now, will give you a shout if i do strip it down as help and advice is always greatly appreciated!!
    A4 2.0 TFSI Exec SE 2009

0 0 0

3. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My A4 2009 passenger door also had the same fault last year but mine also came with a low battery warning. I assumed it had something to do with the battery but it turned out to be a faulty door module. Can't remember the costs involved as I also had my timing belt with major service done too. It has fixed the problem but I now have the low battery warning coming back on hence why I have come back to the forum for a look and found your post! My car was with Audi for quite a few days as they struggled to get to the root of the problem. They eventually ordered an incompatible part, which resulted in a further delay. I wasn't overly concerned as I got a lovely courtesy car

Interesting though that you should have the same problem with a similar aged car. My parking brake module also packed in last year and again I found similar complaints from 2009 owners!
    Audi A4 SE (120) TDI, 17" alloys, cruise, parking sensors, Aruba Blue.

0 1 0

4. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's a few common faults on the early models, I've had a couple, worse are wheel bearings and the inlet manifold swirl flaps, the latter just cost me 675 quid at Audi 😠
    A4 2.0 TFSI Exec SE 2009

0 0 0

5. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting you should say that. Do you think things have improved and if so from what year onwards as I am thinking of changing soon but not sure if I'll stick with Audi?
    Audi A4 SE (120) TDI, 17" alloys, cruise, parking sensors, Aruba Blue.

0 0 0

6. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I heard from 2011 they are ok, the b8 started in 2009 so I think were Getting the teething issues, annoys me that Audi won't cough up, my warranty direct policy didn't cover the manifold either. Other than those 2 I've had diverted valve and coil packs also a maf sensor. Do like the car though, now it's had some money thrown at it I find it's a lovely drive and quite quick too.
    A4 2.0 TFSI Exec SE 2009

1 0 0

7. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    holy crap thank you I thought this was a joke I had this issue on my 2010 Audi S5 I just had to hit it in a different spot I had to hit above lock mechanism where u insert key for safety or manual lock how did u stumble upon this trick its so dam Amazing You Rule

0 0 0

8. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thescouselander View Post
    So, just as an update the mallet method didn't work long term and my door stopped opening again. This was quickly followed by the same problem on the rear door on the same side. I did find a more permanent fix though which involved taking the door actuator out, taking it to bits and cleaning the motor contacts inside. Looks to me that this is design fault so I wouldn't be surprised if this fault is quite common. If anyone wants to know how to do the permanent fix the full procedure can be found here:

Door not opening from outside door handle after unlocking the car with the remote.

By the time I got to doing the second door I had this done in under an hour. Certainly beats parting with £££ for the fitting of a new actuator.
    Hi Scouselander,
    I was hoping to check out this link you put up, but it doesn't appear to work? could you try again please?

0 0 0

9. Re: Passenger door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Door Actuator has failed mine done it on the rear drivers side think it’s one of the motors inside that failed causing the outside handle to stop working

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12