Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    just fitted the DAB and AMI units to my Allroad. It was running a later software (5150), so the units appeared straight away. The DAB came straight on and is just waiting for me to finish the aerial connections. The AMI module however comes up as selectable, but nothing I plug into it seems to work or charge. It just says "this item my not be connected properly or may not be working correctly. Is there a chance that something still needs to be turned on with VAGCOM. I did update to 5570 as well just to be sure, but discs one and two didn't need to update anything as the bits for the various updates on there all said no update required, latest installed. Only disc therefore was disc three which took it to 5570 which went fine but made no difference to AMI.

I tried wiring it without any splitters in place of the CD changer, and again, it comes up, but no go. Tried a phone and three types of iPods, but nothing.

Any advise gladly received.

Thanks all.

Allroad 3.0 TDI 2006 with MMI High
    More Muppet than Man

0 0 0

2. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    What AMI lead are you using? ie P/N or IIRC colour band on lead?

0 0 0

3. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you mean the interface lead from AMI to device? In which case it is an iPod lead (older style) which came with it like the one here - For Audi VW AMI MMI Audio Cable Adaptor Interface Lead Connector For iPod iPhone | eBay . It does not have any identifying writing or manufacturers part numbers on it or any colour bands of any sort. The leads in the back are simply a power splitter lead and a splitter optical lead.

Thanks again.
    More Muppet than Man

0 0 0

4. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    fake cable, get a genuine one. They're about £20.

0 0 0

5. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Try powering off and then restarting the iPod whilst it is connected to the AMI

0 0 0

6. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. Gave it a try, but no go. I think the clue may be in the fact that it doesn't charge either. So it's not just not seeing an iPod, it also is not giving it any feed.

I've also just ordered a genuine lead, so will see if that makes any difference.
    More Muppet than Man

0 0 0

7. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet_man View Post
    It does not have any identifying writing or manufacturers part numbers on it or any colour bands of any sort. The leads in the back are simply a power splitter lead and a splitter optical lead.
    Sorry for delayed reply but the thread had been moved sections and I didn't view updates in inbox .

Where you got the power/optical cable not matter as long as connected correctly and work.

Why I ask about colour bands is that IIRC MMI 3G AMI cables have them and I don't think they work with MMI 2G AMI.

Genuine cable will have P/N sticker and my AMI USB cable also have MITSUMI stamp on metal plug which go to AMI socket.

Attached Images

0 0 0

8. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,thanks for the reply. Just received a new one from an online seller. Audi original lead with a blue collar part number: 4F0 051 510 K - photo included. It has come of the same numbers, but I notice the IC number is different also.Plugged it in, but sadly no charging and when you select the input, it says the same thing "your device may not be connected or operating properly"I will check with Audi in the morning to see if the 510 K is an updated version of 510 Q.Other than that my only things left are the AMI is buggered, which seems unlikely, or the system requires something turned on with a VACOM, but as it see's the AMI and DAB straight away, seems unlikely.Thanks again.
    Attached Images
    More Muppet than Man

0 0 0

9. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    You don't need the AMI coded, 510K is the one I use in my A3 without issues.

0 0 0

10. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    MMI 2G is 4F0 051 510 L Link:- AUDI A6/AVANT [A6] (EUROPE) 2005 [4F-5-000 001 >>]: ACCESSORIES, INFOTAINMENT: 05746. GENUINE ACCESSORIES; CONNECTION FOR EXTERNAL; AUDIO SOURCES; USB HARD-DRIVE; USB MEMORY STICK; ADAPTER

MMI 3G is 4F0 051 510 K Link:- AUDI A6/AVANT [A6] (EUROPE) 2009: ACCESSORIES, INFOTAINMENT: 05746. GENUINE ACCESSORIES; CONNECTION FOR EXTERNAL; AUDIO SOURCES; USB HARD-DRIVE; USB MEMORY STICK; ADAPTER

Again IIRC from what posts I've read MMI2G not like 3G cables but not entirely sure but your VAG dealer can verify if L does supersede to K.

4F0 051 510 L in EPC I use does not supersede to K, what EPC I use is not what I've linked in post.

Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    You don't need the AMI coded, 510K is the one I use in my A3 without issues.
    Now what works for Chris beware is a 2009 A3, and K is what he should use in what I checked plus on the web Link:- AUDI A3/S3/SPORTBACK/QU. [A3] (EUROPE) 2009: ACCESSORIES, INFOTAINMENT: 05746. GENUINE ACCESSORIES; CONNECTION FOR EXTERNAL; AUDIO SOURCES; USB HARD-DRIVE; USB MEMORY STICK; ADAPTER

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet_man View Post
    but I notice the IC number is different also.
    Yes IC number differ as mine is AMI USB cable not AMI iPod/iPhone and like Chris state AMI not need coding to work but does tidy car's coding setup if done. You may have noted in my AMI retrofit guide at first I didn't have correct wiring setup to designate AMI as media player 2 whilst having AMI & CD changer fitted and it didn't cause any malfunction in use.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast