Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Mine is an F, there is no K, succession history:-

4E0 035 785 > 4E0 035 785 B > 4E0 035 785 C > 4E0 035 785 D > 4E0 035 785 F

If it doesn't take update then you just need the cable ending in L rather than K.

Did you buy used or new AMI?

0 0 0

2. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, typo. I meant to say F.

If it's an old one like that I won't be able to fit the newer phone to it or the bluetooth interface for music that turbo_herbie on e-bay which will be a shame. If it doesn't appear to update and work, I may have to get a later one now I've gone this far.

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Mine is an F, there is no K, succession history:-

4E0 035 785 > 4E0 035 785 B > 4E0 035 785 C > 4E0 035 785 D > 4E0 035 785 F

If it doesn't take update then you just need the cable ending in L rather than K.

Did you buy used or new AMI?
    More Muppet than Man

0 0 0

3. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I will try to fish out my MMI 5570 update disc set to view files/structure but looks like MMI updates do reflash AMI .

SO if you have your discs to hand try running again , as I understand you did 5570 flash before AMI retro? even though you had 5150 MMI you had no AMI from factory/then so would not have had update to AMI.

Link:- From this webpage

MMI FW 4220 update flashes AMI from v170 to v700 , MMI 5150 update flashes it to 840.

Now if memory serve me correct disc one of the 5570 set is MMI 5150 as that is minimum before other discs out of set can be used perhaps that will take v170 to 840?

The meddling continues!

0 0 0

4. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did do the discs after, but I only put them in, since it said that there were no updates required on disc one and two, I didn't actually run them. The only disc that said it wanted to do anything was disc three, which took it from 5150 to 5570. I didn't do anything else.

To run them again, do you just ask it to upgrade even though it says it doesn't need it, or do you need to check some boxes?

I am beholding to you for all of this advise. If you ever need a favour back, don't hesitate to ask.

I've spent several hours today trying to find out why my tailgate gets full of water after rain. I striped all the trim off and then tried the water test and found the high level stop light leaks. Getting it out proved to be quite an adventure to say the least!
    More Muppet than Man

1 0 0

5. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    A forced update can be done, we'll get to that if required. First lets establish what SW version you are at, I remembered something which will tell us and you need no diag tool!

First press SETUP and then RETURN and hold both buttons down simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the display changes, then do as per video I've posted.

Press RETURN twice to get out of this engineer mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet_man View Post
    I am beholding to you for all of this advise. If you ever need a favour back, don't hesitate to ask.
    No worries chap ...

0 0 0

6. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was home a bit late tonight, so I've only just had a chance to do it.

Photo's here to show results. Rather worryingly, I seem to have the same Software index as you. The only differences are the Hardware number and Hardware Index.

The USB lead has arrived today as well, so I'll give that a try in the morning to see if it will see a USB stick with music on it.

What fun I'm having.

1.jpg

2.jpg
    More Muppet than Man

0 0 0

7. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Well at least MMI firmware updates have done what they should plus AMI module must be working if it took a flash?

It maybe an idea to place mp3s on a USB stick and test if AMI function?

0 0 0

8. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet_man View Post

I've spent several hours today trying to find out why my tailgate gets full of water after rain. I striped all the trim off and then tried the water test and found the high level stop light leaks. Getting it out proved to be quite an adventure to say the least!
    Take the little rubber bungs out on the underside of the tailgate
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

0 0 0

9. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose at least that would let the water drain out. I can have my very own water feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukenkarl View Post
    Take the little rubber bungs out on the underside of the tailgate
    More Muppet than Man

0 1 0

10. Re: AMI fitted but issue. Any help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got home tonight and gave the USB lead a go. Had a job finding a track in MP3 as all 2500 albums I have on my server indoors are in Flac! Quickly downloaded two tracks off line, put them on a USB stick and took my new lead to the car. Plugged in and................. success! Played the two tracks straight away and they came up on the screen. You can't seem to use the Bose DSP extra settings on it like you can the CD, but otherwise worked a treat.

Seems very odd now that the unit doesn't seem to like iPods/iPads/iPhones?

I suppose I could buy another hard drive and fit it in the boot with all my albums on. Would probably sound OK like that. A least it would work I would hope.
    More Muppet than Man

1 1 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast