1. No basic setting VCDS Instruments 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I'm getting a fault code using VCDS on the instrument module of my recently purchased 2013 2.0tdi sline. I've tried to clear the fault numerous times but without success. The only thing I noticed was that in coding, the units where showing in uk units in that miles per gallon, distance in miles etc, but this should have been showing L per 100km and distance in klms as I'd changed them using the MMI settings when I received the car. Anyway I've attached the file Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 4H0-920-xxx-17.clb
    Part No SW: 4G8 920 950 S HW: 4G8 920 950 S
    Component: MDieGb H43 0410
    Revision: 27450257 Serial number: 658290513592054
    Coding: 33A708000B412600010400
    Shop #: WSC 02391 785 00200
    ASAM Dataset: EV_RBC7KMID 004048
    ROD: EV_RBC7KMID.rod
    VCID: 3F8779CEA61719E6A27-806A

1 Fault Found:
    1048578 - No Basic Setting
    B2010 00 [009] - -
    Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 6
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 107
    Mileage: 40015 km
    Date: 2014.09.11
    Time: 16:33:59 Has anyone an idea what might be the problem? P.S Is there a difference if any in setting the coding in instruments from UK RHD to Rest of the world RHD ?
    VW CC GT 177 DSG

0 0 0

2. Re: No basic setting VCDS Instruments 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Under warranty ??
    NOW GONE 2007 A6 2.7TDi Avant Le Mans Edition (180)

Mods:- ECU Remap, Rear Air Suspension, Rear Led Lights, Rear View Camera, Rear Privacy Glass, Titanium wheels, Colour Coded Fog Light Surrounds, FBMFSW, AMI, DAB, Chrome S6 pedals, Front Grille De-chrome, window surround de-chrome.

0 0 0

3. Re: No basic setting VCDS Instruments 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yea it's under warranty. 2 years left. It's not effecting anything on the car that I can see. So I think I'll wait until the next service in 14,000 mls
    Last edited by jcdub; 15-09-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    VW CC GT 177 DSG

0 0 0

4. Re: No basic setting VCDS Instruments 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I found exactly the same fault code when I scanned my car. It won't clear but doesn't seem to affect anything so I've left it.

I seem to remember Googling it and finding a "basic setting procedure" which involved calibrating the fuel gauge. Haven't had any problems with that though.

Not sure how long the fault has been there because I only scanned my car a year after I bought it. It had just been for a service and Mmi update but I don't know if that affected anything.

My car is a 2013 2.0 tdi manual with colour dis.

0 0 0

5. Re: No basic setting VCDS Instruments 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellodave. View Post
    I found exactly the same fault code when I scanned my car. It won't clear but doesn't seem to affect anything so I've left it.

I seem to remember Googling it and finding a "basic setting procedure" which involved calibrating the fuel gauge. Haven't had any problems with that though.

Not sure how long the fault has been there because I only scanned my car a year after I bought it. It had just been for a service and Mmi update but I don't know if that affected anything.

My car is a 2013 2.0 tdi manual with colour dis.
    Yea I was looking at that basic setting wasn't clear how to go about it or what value I should use. I'll Google it now
    VW CC GT 177 DSG

0 0 0

6. Re: No basic setting VCDS Instruments 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    From what I can read with my odb11 it's from not having basic sittings to the rear ac flap lotor due to 1 of the motors being out(broken or in my case the flap is broken the motor is still functional) idk how to do the basic settings and with odb11 when I try it tells me it stopped due to malfunction. Hopefully helps other people with the same problem.( a6 c7 3.0t 2012 prestige quad climatronic)

0 0 0