This may seem a strange question, but has anyone ever removed the door card from a C7? If so, what's the access like, specifically to behind the exterior door handle.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd love to fit the LEDs that come with the lighting pack in the exterior door handles. As far as I can tell this should be possible and not too expensive - my car has (wobbly) blanking plates underneath the handle where the LED would go, and you can buy the LED module on it's own from Audi (Part 4H0 947 134 A) for about £15 per door. Then it's (just!) a case of wiring it up, but this is where I can't tell how hard it's going to be without taking the door apart to have a look.

Someone is selling a retrofit kit so presumably it is possible, but they're based in Dubai! Retrofit Kit : AUDI A6 / C7 OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE / INTERIOR LIGHT PACKAGE

I've studied ELSA & ETKA and so far everything looks promising - the door handle isn't a complete pig to remove, the LED should fit in my existing handle, and the door control module has a pin to power the LED light. ETKA only lists one door handle and one control module for my car, so presumably the lighting pack didn't require any extra/different parts beyond the door LED itself and some coding.

Fitting the rest of the lighting pack (illuminated door pocket, door reflector upper door trim) would be a bonus, but one step at a time...

Any thoughts appreciated!