1. Question Discover Pro + iPod? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, new member with Golf SV - got it 4 hours ago. :-)

When I connect iPod or iPhone with USB it says "error with device". Not sure about the message in English since my car is Norwegian.

The salesman asked a technician as well, they gave up and said it probably wasn't supported, with a "yet".

Any other SV owners in here? I'm hoping this is a setting which makes it possible to use my iPod in this beautiful new car.

In 2014 this should be possible.

Thanks in advance.

Erling from Norway

0 0 0

2. Re: Discover Pro + iPod? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I got mine, there were 2 media cables for iphone and ipod. Do you have the media connector in the pop-up stowage in front of the gear lever? Mine has a soft pad in it for my phone, apparently there is an aerial enhancer under it to improve phone signal. Bluetooth works very well - suggesting the enhancer works fine! Instead of ipod, I use a 32gb SD card which fits in one of the slots in the glove box - the other slot if for the nav SD.
    Golf SV 2.0 GT 150 TDI DSG. Black Pearl Metallic. 17" Dijon. Silver roof rails. Tinted windows. Discover Navigation. Multi-function steering wheel with paddles. Leather seats (front heated). Adaptive CC.

1 1 0

3. Re: Discover Pro + iPod? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    It won't work if you connect the iPod via USB, you need to use the MMI cable with an iPod dock on the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

1 1 0

4. Re: Discover Pro + iPod? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to both of you.

I only have the USB-port, with Discover Pro the MMI cable isnīt possible according to the Norwegian pricelist. It says that you can connect your iPod/iPhone through USB.

Do you have the Discover Pro - or the standard device?

I also use a hard drive, but it doesnīt have "iTunes" where I add all my music and just updates the iPod.

PS: VW in Norway is still working with this - itīs 2 months now...

Erling

0 0 0