1. Please help does my A6 ultra black edition play video 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys and gals please could you help me decifer if my car plays video either from my Sd card or phone. I don't have a touch pad or the the larger screen so I don't think it's tech pack high. I do have mmi and sd card nav I have one of the new iPhone 5 cables with a blue gromit. I've tried a few videos on my phone and sad card and they haven't worked.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Please help does my A6 ultra black edition play video 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need the tech pack to play video. Easiest way to check whether it can play video is try a DVD.

0 0 0

3. Re: Please help does my A6 ultra black edition play video 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ha5smu View Post
    You need the tech pack to play video. Easiest way to check whether it can play video is try a DVD.

Thanks for for your help mate

0 0 0

4. Re: Please help does my A6 ultra black edition play video 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ha5smu View Post
    You can pay videos from your phone via the AMI. With the phone connected push media, select your iPhone as the source, keep selecting "Go Up" until you reach the top menu which will give you the option of Music or Video, select video and you will then see the videos stored on the phone, select the video and enjoy. I believe you can also play MP4 videos off an SD card but not tried that. Also a neat trick is to select a Video to watch, stop it, then on the phone select a live steam source such as BBC iPlayer and when you play it from the phone it appears on the car display (uses data so be careful!). Of course as soon as the car starts moving the picture is switched off, but the sound continues. These instructions are based on using the Red Grommet AMI cable with iPhone 4S, I am assuming the new iPhone 5 cable works the same way

1 0 0