Notices

User Tag List

Thread: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello i have recently purchased a audi a4 b8 s-line 2008 with faulty abs unit part no : 8K0907379AQ
    went onto fleabay and bought a used replacement off a guy breaking one so called same part number......well it was nearly the same : 8K0907379AK
    can anyone please tell me if this replacement abs unit can be coded to my car and if so how i do it on vcds as i purchased a ross tech hex can but have not used it and no very little about diagnostics but need to learn as paid £263 quid for it and never used it yet,many thanks for any help/advise daz.

p.s. was told by former keeper of the car that the abs module is knackered as he had it diagnosed.....abs & traction light both illuminated on dash.

0 0 0

2. Re: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Have you had the car scanned for faults with the old module in place? Don't ever just assume the module has cooked itself before the scan.

0 0 0

3. Re: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply.....no sorry i stupidly went ahead and just swapped the units as the guy in the trade i bought the car off said 100% it was knackered,basically swapped them over bled the brakes and still got esp abs fault flashing on dash ???
    i never noticed the last 2 digits different before i swapped them...original part ending AQ replacement AK
    can anything be done on vcds or do i need to find the exact part number,any help much appreciated daz.
    i really need to understand electronics and use this vcds dont i lol ....

0 0 0

4. Re: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone help or any advice please.......can i re-code this abs unit to work on my car ?????????????

0 0 0

5. Re: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi received your email, whilst goggling for info found your thread.

P/N's you are stating are the control module part of ABS unit, on both ABS units there will be a P/N 8K0 614 517 xx , what are they?

You see the ABS units on 8K support hold hold/TPMS, some P/N's do others not, you could be losing features by swapping to different ABS unit and may need to buy right one if old is knackered. Do you have hill hold/TPMS?

I have no info on adapting it yet other than you will need to gain security access to module, whilst in module 03 you'll see security access button, after clicking that hoover over blank entry area and a box will appear with code, enter that code, then you can do adaptations AFAIK.

You may find a PM to A8 Tech gets you solution.

1 0 0

6. Re: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gupsterg many thanks for getting back to me..... ok i thought the 8k0 numbers were what i needed but if not i take it the required part numbers will be stamped into the abs unit housing so i will get those numbers from the car later and post details,also i don't know if the car has tpms as only got the car recently with abs fault already present.....will update required numbers shortly thankyou again for your help daz.

0 0 0

7. Re: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    If you have a service log book there will be a car data sticker in there, you can enter PR codes (equipment codes) into this decoder Link:- http://igorweb.org/equidec/

As only an A6 owner I don't know if A4 have a copy of data sticker stuck in the spare wheel well like my A6 does but check there.

If you have no luck at all with finding/decoding data sticker PM your VIN and I'll see if I can get some info on car.

1 0 0

8. Re: help please swapping abs unit with different part number ending ? re-code on vcds ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi gupsterg the original abs p/n off the car : 8K0614517DF
    new unit i have fitted and bled brakes up : 8K0614517CP

i have the service book with the white sticker id label inside .....i have taken a photo of it and sent it to your email for you to have a look at,any help greatly apreciated kind regards daz.

0 0 0

9. re-code used abs unit with vcds fault code 01794 incorrect chassis / vin help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi guys i fitted a replacement used abs unit after original was damaged in previous minor accident on n/s front corner.
    original abs part no: 8K0 614 517 DF
    used replacement ( was told it was same part number of lying or blind ebay seller ) : 8K0 614 517 CP

anyway without realising last 2 digits not the same i fitted the part and have esp / abs fault displayed and dtc code 01794 incorrect chassis / vin on vcds ?

gupsterg has kindly looked into this for me and is going to get back to me on this problem with a possible solution when he is not busy and can spare the time which is much appreciated .......anyways after a bit of advise from gupsterg i went into module 03 then security access and got code enabling = 61378 which was accepted and i currently have 160504 as current coding,once at this point asking for new coding to be entered i got stuck ?
    i am clueless on vcds but trying
    anyways whilst i await a reply from gupsterg i am intrested to know if anybody else has experienced any problems good or bad coding a used abs module especially if the part number is not 100% the same and if it makes a diffrence

any help advise or personal experiece on the topic of used inter-changable modules is of intrest whilst i await a reply from the good man gupsterg thanks daz

0 0 0

10. Re: re-code used abs unit with vcds fault code 01794 incorrect chassis / vin help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Daz,

The coding section you are accessing is for options eg TPMS, etc not to code module to have correct VIN.

When using VCDS in Advanced ID of replacement ABS unit it may state the VIN coded in it, you can't change it there. You are getting DTC as say your engine ECU/other modules will have x VIN in it and ABS has another.

After googleing/reading stuff to me it seems you only have 3 ways to resolve this:-

1. Change VIN data in ABS module by doing adaptations, which adaptation channel no idea, perhaps as a genuine VCDS user Ross Tech will tell you via support service.

2. When conducting research on P/N's for you an SVM code is shown when ABS modules swapped, only a main dealer or indi with online VAS can do SVM.

3. Find a thread where retrofit of TMPS / hill hold been done to an A4 B8 / 8K where ABS module was swapped and have details for what they did.

Have you PM'd A8 Tech?

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast